Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change in interior description???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my second MS a few weeks ago with the black performance leather interior, confirmed on my original configuration. When I looked at the design on my dashboard today the description had changed to "black leather with alcantara". I confirmed with my DS that the that the interior hadn't changed, and she thought it had just been renamed. The little picture still shows the piping. Has anyone else had this occur? Just a heads up but strange, no?

I ordered my second MS a few weeks ago with the black performance leather interior, confirmed on my original configuration. When I looked at the design on my dashboard today the description had changed to "black leather with alcantara". I confirmed with my DS that the that the interior hadn't changed, and she thought it had just been renamed. The little picture still shows the piping. Has anyone else had this occur? Just a heads up but strange, no?

I see the same change. Looks like they decided to stop calling them performance. I'd guess because they're intending to probably expand the P85D seats to the P85. Possibly also because they have sold it on non-P cars before.

Calling the old "performance" seats "performance" is kind of misleading... There was no actual performance edge in that seat; it has no additional bolsters or thigh support. It's the same as the standard seat, with the alcantara inserts and the alternate color piping. So I from what you tell me, they just have a more accurate description for the same seat.