Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 teslas as only cars in household? good idea or bad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello everyone,

my wife has put her $ down for her Model X, and I am leaning towards a Model S.

we both drive less than 1k miles each per car per month.

are there any good reasons that i cannot think of that owning 2 teslas as our only vehicles is a bad idea..??

I know road trips is my main concern, we drive to San Fran, San Diego or Vegas from So Cal 5x a year. I guess if I was really worried, I can rent a Tahoe for those trips.

No reason I can think of unless you are towing large equipment.

Road trips are easier than you think with the Supercharge stations. Vegas shouldn't be an issue as I read many Tesla owners make that run from So CA. By the time the Model X is released and yours is built there will be even more stations online to choose from.

Go for it!!

We have been a 2 Tesla family for almost a year and a half now.
My wife and I put about 33k miles on our cars in the last 12 months, including a road trip to Fremont, Ca.

We expect to be a 3 Tesla family when the Model 3 comes out because I don't think I can stand to even sell our Sig:wink:

We have been a 2 Tesla family for almost a year and a half now.
My wife and I put about 33k miles on our cars in the last 12 months, including a road trip to Fremont, Ca.

We expect to be a 3 Tesla family when the Model 3 comes out because I don't think I can stand to even sell our Sig:wink:

Hahaha. We have also been a two Tesla family for about 1.5 years and covered 35K mikes across them last year. My wife just told me to keep my sig and get an X too, because she was tired of my anguishing over selling my beloved sig versus her newer suspension P85. The trick now is where to put a P85D in the budget...

Two Tesla family for the past three weeks. Love it! Model S 85 and a Roadster.

Your profile doesn't say where you are located exactly in So. Cal. but with all the Superchargers in California, which are increasing in number and capacity, I see no need for you to be concerned about long trips, right now you can go just about anywhere with an 85. And an 85D would be even better!

Once you start driving a Tesla you will NEVER want to drive an ICE again. Trust me. They are so last century...

Hahaha. We have also been a two Tesla family for about 1.5 years and covered 35K mikes across them last year. My wife just told me to keep my sig and get an X too, because she was tired of my anguishing over selling my beloved sig versus her newer suspension P85. The trick now is where to put a P85D in the budget...

In the "expenses" column. :)

Hilarious! Next time we road trip to CA we will have to get together for lunch :biggrin:

As for where to put a P85D in the budget, how about in the 'entertainment' column:wink:

Roadster and Model S as our two household cars for more than 2 years now. No issues. :)

Tip: we have both cars in one garage and 400A service into the house but just to be extra safe the Roadster charges on plug in and Model S charges at 3.00am (I.e. When the Roadster is finished), that way both cars are not charging at the same time.

Just make sure your main panel can handle the power draw from both cars charging at the same time. The only things Teslas can't do right now is towing boats or hauling big stuff that only fit in a pick up truck.

We can't wait to get rid of our truck and get the X.

My wife and I are stuck with 100 amp service in the garage. I have twin chargers so we can not charge at the same time without me manually reducing the charge rate. We have only ever collided on a couple of occasions and the breaker always saves us.