Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glossy Yellow Wrap Completed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
So, I don't really publicize it much, but my fiance got herself a pearl white Model S P85 shortly after I got my blue. Long story short, after seeing the front of mine after 20k miles, we decided to go with some kind of protection for the paint on hers. We initially went with the 3M clear wrap on the whole car. Didn't work out all that well. Was functional, but the white no longer really popped the way it did without it.

We decided to back track and just do a full wrap on hers to a color that better suited her. Settled on 3M Glossy Bright Yellow.

frontangle-1280.jpg

Finally all done. The local shop did a pretty good job on it. We haven't decided on if the handles should stay yellow or back to chrome, but they're yellow for now.

backangle-1280.jpg

(Before badges replaced)

front-1280.jpg

I decided to do the re-badging myself and did that this evening since I could use my Model S as a template. I got it to the same spot within a couple of mm.

backbadgeModelS-1280.jpg

backbadgeP85-1280.jpg

Very happy with it and the great job done by the folks over at GTM Signs (GTM Wraps) in Deptford, NJ. They put in quite a bit of effort on this and got it done right. I'd recommend them for anyone looking to get something similar done. Just be sure to mention the yellow Tesla when you go. :)

I'll post some more pics when I get daylight to take some more good ones.

Last edited:
Wow! Very impressed. I don't like wraps but your's looks stunning. I think its the glossiness that I find appealing. I don't think it would've looked good at all in matte.

I personally don't understand matte color change wraps on cars... unless I want a car that looks like it has primer on it... which I don't. I don't find matte appealing on cars at all. Yet to see one that I like.

• Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1
I personally don't understand matte color change wraps on cars... unless I want a car that looks like it has primer on it... which I don't. I don't find matte appealing on cars at all. Yet to see one that I like.

Exactly! A while back I saw a Camry in matte black. I couldn't tell if it was a wrap, plasti dip or primer. Either way, it looked like it came from the junkyard.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1