Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very quiet clicking sound, new since 6.0, near driver's left leg?????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 6.0 about a week ago. I noticed while I was driving a steady 30mph I was hearing 3 faint, rapid clicks. The sound was coming from near my shin and would come every 10 seconds or so. It seems to have become less frequent now, but often happens when I let my foot off the brake while in reverse or neutral (btw...why does a Tesla have neutral?) Does anybody know what this is? I am pretty sure it was not present before 6.0, it was for sure less frequent. I have a non-tech 85 with autopilot sensors.

Thanks.

Could be the same issues in this thread.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/37452-Ticking-issues-on-new-cars

I got 6.0 about a week ago. I noticed while I was driving a steady 30mph I was hearing 3 faint, rapid clicks. The sound was coming from near my shin and would come every 10 seconds or so. It seems to have become less frequent now, but often happens when I let my foot off the brake while in reverse or neutral (btw...why does a Tesla have neutral?) Does anybody know what this is? I am pretty sure it was not present before 6.0, it was for sure less frequent. I have a non-tech 85 with autopilot sensors.

Thanks.