Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lamborghini Asterion PHEV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I"ll say no more for fear of banishment...
Ha! I hope you approve of this new thread title. The article itself is poorly-named but its content makes things pretty clear:
The supercar hybrid world continues to expand with the unveiling of the Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4 at the 2014 Paris Auto Show. Featuring a total system output of 910 horsepower from a combination of a 610-hp 5.2-liter V-10 engine and 300 hp from three electric motors, the Asterion is unique in Lamborghini's lineup for its unusual powertrain...

With its plug-in hybrid powertrain, the LPI 910-4 is capable of up to 50 km (31 miles) of all-electric driving range...

Apart from the 5.2-liter V-10 engine and plug-in hybrid three-motor setup, a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and a lithium-ion battery mounted in the central tunnel complete the drivetrain equipment. The three motors include one at each front wheel (two total for the front axle) and another sandwiched between the V-10 engine and dual-clutch transmission. As a result, the Asterion can drive in both standard hybrid mode and pure electric mode.
I will say it's interesting how the layout of hybrid rear axle, electrified front axle is becoming more popular for sport/performance hybrids...