Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D premium interior option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Changed my P85+ to a P85D after announcement. Had interior lighting option before at $1000. Could not justify to self paying $4500 for bundle. Noticed on P85D Order thread that many have ordered premium interior bundle. Is there something I am missing? Am I making a mistake by not ordering? Did not order yacht floor or extended nappa on P85+ either. Thoughts from those that have ordered this option. Thank you.

OP:

I'm in the exact same boat as you! I had selected the interior lighting for my initial P85+ build and would love to have it on the P85D but don't at all care for the nappa or yacht.
Based on that thread (the P85D order spreadsheet) you and I are the only ones to NOT get this bundle...

Leather looks better, feels better, but standard materials are pretty good too. I have extended leather in my BMW (purchased off the lot, so nothing customized). Beautiful, but I don't think I care enough for it to pay 4,500. Agree about the lights - I wanted them, now that they are part of the package I will not order. As for the yacht floor, I already ordered the Tesla center console, which I find more useful.

I've had the nappa leather door, lower dash, and center arm rest in my P85 going on two years now and they are holding up great. No wear issues.

They were standard way back when I ordered my P85. I'm definitely getting them for my upcoming P85D. Same for the extra interior lighting. Originally came bundled in the P85, now part of this package. Wouldn't get a car without it.

- - - Updated - - -

no. selecting the Alcantara option does that.

i wonder if the new seats have alcantara inserts like the current ones do? i love the new seats, but i wish they had the piping and alcantara inserts. those are both nice touches...

From the early photos coming out, it would appear the new Gen 2 sports seats do not have alcantara inserts.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/36819-P85D-NEW-Seats-Announced-Finally%21%21?p=796830&viewfull=1#post796830

I never really much cared for them on my current car, so happy to have them gone. Alcantara is fake pleather/microsuede. Never really been a fan. I'm considering requesting a standard dash, without the alcantara inserts, too.

Thank you for the input so far. About 6 out of 38 (from spreadsheet) did not order prem int. I really wanted the lighting, and at $1000 could somewhat justify it. I was back and forth on extended leather, but for $2500 did not see it as an added value. The yacht floor now technically being valued at $1000 is extremely overpriced. Additionally, I am seriously considering the center console. The console would take me over 130K + tint and paint protection.

@Sundoc: I guess you and I are in the minority

@EarlyAdopter: How does the extended leather compare to vehicles without it? Very noticeable? Can you retro fit LED's?

I ordered the Premium Interior. Having driven many cars (including 2 Model S's) with and without extended leather, IMHO the feel of the leather on the armrest is better then the plastic. I also wanted the lighting package, however the Yacht floor is a waste as I will be installing the Premium Center Console.

haha... does ANYONE like the yacht floor? I've never seen it in person. aside from cost, why the hate? what is the purpose of the yacht floor, or is it purely looks?

Nothing wrong with it other than the fact that Tesla REALLY wants us all to have it. Must be a very high margin option.
I really doubt that a bare bones 60kwh car yields the 25% margin Tesla is shooting for, so they have to make money somewhere, right?