Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AZ Club Members . . . . What's Next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The AZ Tesla Motors Club is one the the largest groups on TMC and more active than most of the clubs. It is perhaps surprising that Tesla has so much owner support in a state that bans direct Tesla sales.

Our club has sponsored a few meet & greets, done a few trips, have had some online discussions, and our members have made more than a few great friends. But what would you like the club to do next? Let us know if you might be interested in regular club meetings, more trips, a house party, political action (did I mention that Arizona bans direct sales?), maybe a seminar on charging issues, or a meeting to discuss product add-ons.

We'd like to hear from you! Mark

P.S. If you're not a member, you can join by clicking on "Groups" on the black bar above.

The AZ Tesla Motors Club is one the the largest groups on TMC and more active than most of the clubs. It is perhaps surprising that Tesla has so much owner support in a state that bans direct Tesla sales.

Our club has sponsored a few meet & greets, done a few trips, have had some online discussions, and our members have made more than a few great friends. But what would you like the club to do next? Let us know if you might be interested in regular club meetings, more trips, a house party, political action (did I mention that Arizona bans direct sales?), maybe a seminar on charging issues, or a meeting to discuss product add-ons.

We'd like to hear from you! Mark

P.S. If you're not a member, you can join by clicking on "Groups" on the black bar above.

This is probably obvious, but with such a large member base why don't we "gang up" on establishments and make a push for destination charging in and around AZ? I realize we're essentially spoiled with Superchargers, which are great. But there's still tons of attractions that you have to go way out of the way to charge at. Tesla obviously has their destination charging program for hotels and the like, so why don't we get together and pick easy targets and all politely hound them?

Is anyone interested in participating in the Electric Light Parade? I'm going to enter my Roadster again this year, but not my wife's Model S. The Roadster gets a lot more attention. It's a pretty fun event. I just ordered some more flexible LED strips. I'll post a portion of an e-mail from Rolf below:

Electric Light Parade 2014 (URGENT TO SIGN UP NOW - PREPARATION TIME IS LONG)
Please pre-register here. http://www.teslaowners.us/meetings/electric-light-parade-2014.html
Check out the video of last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsn0yT2gTdU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
We need to get a count to see how we need to sign up with the event.

What do you need to drive in the electric light parade?

A. A bunch for LED lights. You can get these on wheels in town at http://inspiredled.com/ sure you would need a 12V batterie that you place in the frunk as well. Lots of clear tape to attached the lights. Easy to remove later without any problem.

B. You would need a car fire extinguisher. We told city of Phoenix that we really do need this, but they insist on it. They said that we might can help other in case of a fire.

C. You need a proof of insurance that we have to submit to the city of Phoenix. Send a copy per scanned image or picture.

D. All drivers must participate in the entry driver's orientation on Friday, December 5​, at 6:30 p.m.
Details are here. https://www.phoenix.gov/parks/special-events/electric-light-parade

We are looking forward to see you at the events.

You can also buy an 12v adapter that has a 120v plug. My adapter runs up to 25W. I used it last year to run strings LED Christmas lights! Worked like a champ, no 12v battery needed. One plug into the adapter and your MS is a running Christmas street parade all in itself! I've had my adapter for about 10 years. I think I bought it at an RV store or a auto store. ....just a suggestion!