Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had to replace your MS?

If your MS was wrecked/stolen would you replace it with:-

• A similar spec MS

Votes: 41 40.2%
  • A higher spec MS

Votes: 56 54.9%
  • A lower spec MS

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Wait for the MX

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Wait for the Model 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another manufacturer's current EV

• An ICE car for the foreseeable future

• A bridging ICE car till the MX/Model 3

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no regrets with mine and would choose the same options, which is $500 cheaper than when I bought it, with the possible exception of adding the D and the now cheaper HPWC. On second thought, maybe not worth getting the HPWC if my original UMC wasn't also stolen/destroyed, since I'm only considering it to keep one at home and one in the car. As a bonus, I would get autopilot and the free parcel shelf, among other hardware improvements for sure.

I think the only thing I would change would be adding the ambient lighting for when I listen to music in the car when in the garage. Otherwise I am completely thrilled with my girl just as she is. And 1K for the lighting is ridiculous, actually.

She is truly a lovely girl.

I'd be f****d. Insurance companies seem to be low balling and fighting it is a lengthy process. I couldn't remotely afford a new P85 if my Dec 2012 P85 got totaled. Maybe I could find another used one, particularly now with the D's coming out, but odds are really good I'd just be unable to afford another Tesla. Being able to get one at all was a once in a lifetime situation for me.

I'd probably get something like a 3 year Volt or Leaf lease and wait for the Model 3.

I'd be f****d. Insurance companies seem to be low balling and fighting it is a lengthy process. I couldn't remotely afford a new P85 if my Dec 2012 P85 got totaled. Maybe I could find another used one, particularly now with the D's coming out, but odds are really good I'd just be unable to afford another Tesla. Being able to get one at all was a once in a lifetime situation for me.

I'd probably get something like a 3 year Volt or Leaf lease and wait for the Model 3.

I am not sure if it is offered where you are, but can you get new car replacement insurance as part of your car insurance package?

Hmmm - the 'Higher spec' option has overtaken the 'Same spec' option. That's good news for Tesla......

How many of these higher spec choices have been swayed by the option of AWD/D-versions?

The poll shows astonishing brand loyalty (all right it is a Tesla Owners site but you'd think there were a few disgruntles here by some of the posts/threads) Indeed the 100% loyalty is better than the 96% satisfaction so presumably even the 'dis-satisfieds' would still get another Tesla?!

Ah come on Grumpies, let us know you'd go back to an ICE car!