Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renting Model S out of Frankfurt, Germany?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DITB

Charged.hk co-founder
Nov 13, 2012
Hong Kong

Asking for renting a Tesla Model S for 13 days, I have received prices ranging between 1,800 and 9,100 EUR (!!!).

For 9,100 EUR I could probably save money buying a second hand car, then selling it again when done. Of course, not very practical, but 9,100 EUR is a bit over the top, while 1,800 EUR is quite reasonable.

Both including 3,000 km, which is about 1,900 miles for those who care. Speaking of conversions, 1,800 EUR is 2,280 USD, while 9,100 EUR is 11,530 USD, which is like ... 37 USD pr HOUR, 24/7 for 13 days.

As 1,800 EUR is about 138 EUR or 175 USD pr day, I took that offer. It includes full insurance and "free gas" (when I use superchargers). All I know is it's with 85 kWh battery, the rest I don't care too much about.

On this note, in case the car doesn't come with all the charging cables I could need, would my Hong Kong BS1363 fit a German Model S (220V / 10A Mennekes), using an adapter for the different plug size obviously?

How about the IEC Type-2 adapter, whatever the exact name is, is it worth taking with me?

Last edited:
Great car for the German Autobahn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 621
Last edited:
Asking for renting a Tesla Model S for 13 days, I have received prices ranging between 1,800 and 9,100 EUR (!!!).

For 9,100 EUR I could probably save money buying a second hand car, then selling it again when done. Of course, not very practical, but 9,100 EUR is a bit over the top, while 1,800 EUR is quite reasonable.

What is the name and address of the car rental agency that offers
the 1,800 rate?

Thanks

They only have one (1) car, and you can find it on TESLASTATION - in German only.

I hope there will be more of these, what should we say, "micro car rental companies". Imagine going on vacation and renting a Tesla Model S locally - maybe while your own is being rented out, while you are away? A swap?

The rates of super car prices for other locations are outrageous. Imagine, a car with so little maintenance, why should it cost as much as a Lambo or 'vette ZR-1 to rent?

Similar services have been made for vacation, home-swapping. Cheap rental of accommodation as well, which is even more well known.

I was going to post about it, just not sure which forum. Renting a Model S, on a different continent, using superchargers while getting around. Oh, the AutoBahn, what a great way to LEGALLY try out the limits of this wonderful car. I hope I can try the same again, with a P85D some day (I don't have any plans to buy one myself, happy with my pre-autopilot straight-85 Model S - but I am dying to try a P85D!)