Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S alignment dimensions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello, as me and the wife prepare to order our S next year im curious about something i ran into today. i took my fiat 500e in for an alignment, range was suffering, only to find out that the right rear is WAY out of alignment and there is nothing that the shop can do. you see the fiat 500e only has one dimension of alignment adjustment, toe. so im curious what dimensions the model s can be adjusted / altered without resorting to aftermarket camber bolts and the like. im used to having 3 dimensions in the miata and a HUGE rage of adjust ability. so seeing that the fiat only has one makes me a bit nervous.

thanks.

The Model S is VERY HARD on REAR Tires. I have the 19" Goodyear tires and after 18,000 Miles I have to replace them. I was shocked when the SC told me I had to buy new ones. He said the S REAR really grinds the tires.

There is a very informative thread already on this site regarding the proper alignment of a Model S.
It seems rear tire/tyre wear can be significant if the alignment is not correct.
Checked-Alignment-The-Good-The-Bad-The-Ugly

that is usually the case with a bad alignment, and efficiency will suffer.

also, i promise i searched the forum before posting this thread!