Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vienna Taxi Co replaces 20 Prii with 20 Model S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A MS D will make an awesome cop car.. They dont need another laptop in there and have the speed and tech to add finger prints can and what not

One of the things that I like about the Model S, is that it's a bit different from anything else that's out there. I'm all in favour of it becoming more popular - but do we really want them to be used as cabs and cop cars?:biggrin:

Taxi cabs are a terrific way to introduce EV to many people. A good thing. We need the exposure to get public opinion on our side.
~Larry

EVs first will start affecting the oil price, not by demand reduction due to numbers (too small a volume of cars) but when the oil price speculators of the world take a limo/taxi ride in them to and from the airport.
London, New York, Hong Kong

The Model S makes a great taxi. The Model X will make an incredible taxi. The drama of the falcon doors opening for a passenger to enter the vehicle easily will make it a game changer. The same is true for use as government cars and limo services. I can picture it already and I just don't see any negatives.

Well, having MS as taxis MAY lessen the subjective desirability of the car. Personally, it wouldn't affect my desire for one. However, the general public may scoff at the idea of wanting to buy/drive a "taxi" as their personal car. Kinda like how the cars in Hertz rental fleet are not really aspirational to the public.

Well, having MS as taxis MAY lessen the subjective desirability of the car. Personally, it wouldn't affect my desire for one. However, the general public may scoff at the idea of wanting to buy/drive a "taxi" as their personal car. Kinda like how the cars in Hertz rental fleet are not really aspirational to the public.

A lot of mercs are taxis, still respectable cars

- - - Updated - - -

I like that plural form of Prius