Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait times at San Juan Capistrano

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pulled in at 10:30 am this morning for just my 4th visit to SJC since it opened. Charged okay twice but the third time all stalls were full and there were 3 cars waiting. This morning I needed to charge between an early morning trip to San Diego and an afternoon call in LA. Once again all stalls full and this time one car waiting. He said he had been there for 15 minutes. It was another 20 minutes before a stall opened up for him and another 10 minutes until one opened up for me. The other 5 cars are still plugged in at 11:05 and only one has a driver in it. That means 4 of the 7 stalls have been occupied for almost an hour. Not sure why but it is inconsiderate to occupy a place long after you should have finished charging. I do almost all of my charging at home but often travel the LA to San Diego corridor on business as I am sure others do.

- - - Updated - - -

I am leaving now and 3 of the 4 cars are still here. One guy came back and drove off. We all need to be fair and responsible about this with more and more Teslas on the road.