Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D - seat options & colors now available in design studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rejoice P85D orderers! The Design Studio, as of 10-24-14 now allows you to choose seat colors
for the new Next Generation Seats (not just black), but ALSO allows you to order the original
seats with the performance piping if you desire.

The interior picture now reflects clearly the effect of your choice....

NICE!

My first post to the forum...

I really only became interested in Tesla shortly before the October event. And then I became real interested real fast. I thought perhaps I'd buy a P85D, though that seemed pretty crazy, as I currently drive a 2004 Acura TL. Researching the Tesla model S, I realized the low-profile tires on the 21 inch wheels made no sense for me, so I started looking at the 85D. I discussed things with my wife and we had pretty much decided that when the new seats were offered in grey on the 85D we'd go ahead and order one. We have a test drive set up for December 12, when we'll be close to a Gallery location.

Well, this morning I woke up and saw this thread. I immediately went to the configuration site and configured a P85D exactly the way I had hoped it would be available, including 19" wheels and the new, grey leather seats. (I added pretty much everything else too, except the panoramic roof, which I'm not sure I'd actually like.) I called my wife, explained what had happened over night, and we decided to order the car!

So I've now ordered a vehicle that cost significantly more than my first house, without having driven it, and without so much as having even seen a Tesla Model S in person! Crazy!

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum, and, of course, to my Tesla P85D!

Thanks, everyone! I am definitely quite excited.

Andy, get the panoramic roof - you won't regret it. You get more headroom (especially in the back) and it's surprisingly useful. Looks great too.

The reasons I didn't order the panoramic roof, though I probably could be convinced to, are:

--I never use the sunroof on my Acura, and, in fact, keep the shade closed
--I don’t know how we'd feel about the additional light from above and not being able to block it if it bothered us
--I don’t know how we'd feel about people in trucks and SUVs being able to look down into the car
--I am very concerned about having the cabin be as quiet as possible, and fear additional road noise coming in through the panoramic roof

The reasons I didn't order the panoramic roof, though I probably could be convinced to, are:

--I don’t know how we'd feel about the additional light from above and not being able to block it if it bothered us
--I don’t know how we'd feel about people in trucks and SUVs being able to look down into the car
--I am very concerned about having the cabin be as quiet as possible, and fear additional road noise coming in through the panoramic roof

FYI if you ever plan to get a roof rack, you can only do this with the PANO ROOF option. the PANO ROOF has clips for the roof rack. the SOLID ROOF does not.

My first post to the forum...

I really only became interested in Tesla shortly before the October event. And then I became real interested real fast. I thought perhaps I'd buy a P85D, though that seemed pretty crazy, as I currently drive a 2004 Acura TL. Researching the Tesla model S, I realized the low-profile tires on the 21 inch wheels made no sense for me, so I started looking at the 85D. I discussed things with my wife and we had pretty much decided that when the new seats were offered in grey on the 85D we'd go ahead and order one. We have a test drive set up for December 12, when we'll be close to a Gallery location.

Well, this morning I woke up and saw this thread. I immediately went to the configuration site and configured a P85D exactly the way I had hoped it would be available, including 19" wheels and the new, grey leather seats. (I added pretty much everything else too, except the panoramic roof, which I'm not sure I'd actually like.) I called my wife, explained what had happened over night, and we decided to order the car!

So I've now ordered a vehicle that cost significantly more than my first house, without having driven it, and without so much as having even seen a Tesla Model S in person! Crazy!

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum, and, of course, to my Tesla P85D!

Even in Ithaca, you will like the Pano Roof. Good choice.

As a sunroof owner, I would not be concerned about any of this.
- Sunlight (in California) has not been an issue.
- I don't see anyone being able to look in through the glass roof, it's heavily tinted.
- I haven't driven or ridden in an S without sunroof, so I can't say anything about relative road noise, other than a sunroof S will still be quieter than any other ICE.

+ as someone mentioned, roof rack capability.