Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the P85D front engine fit in a golf cart?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well let's see. If you put a 221 hp motor in your golf cart, you will be giving it 35 more hp than the Ducati 1199 Superleggera Superbike which is quite comfortable running with a McLaren P1, Porsche 918 Spyder...etc (see link below). Of course the Tesla motor has loads more torque which should easily overcome the extra 400 lbs of weight. I think with a well placed bunker your contraption could be airborne the entire length of the 9th at Sawgrass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfLqa4vlmFI

Notice, the P1 "only" managed 3.2 seconds to 60 :cool:

I have an electric xrt800 utility vehicle that I use around our property. There looks to be almost enough room for a Tesla electric motor, although it would probably mean raising the flat bed (or removing it entirely). The primary issue would probably be the actual power source; there's no way to fit a Tesla battery pack and my XRT batteries output only 48v.

Oh, one other problem: the xrt curb weight without batteries is ~1,000lbs IIRC so fitting a Tesla motor with a suitable power supply would be a pretty wild ride (assuming you didn't become a candidate for the Darwin Awards).

Last edited: