Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for 1/2 floor lift for swapping wheels one side at a time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know a lot of people change their own wheels each season, and I've been doing this myself for many years now. I have a standard floor jack. I jack up one corner, change the wheel, let it down, and then repeat for the other three corners. The jacking part is the most time consuming. It's also a pain, I'm not as young as I used to be. Changing all four wheels on my M5 takes about an hour. So I'm looking for a floor jack or lift that I can use to lift one side the Model S (both wheels) up just enough to swap rims.

I found plenty of scissor floor jacks/lifts to lift the entire car, but they're more expensive than I'd like, and I don't need to lift the entire car since the way my garage is, I can only really work on one side of the car at a time (not both sides at the same time).

I found this, which seems like a great product: QuickJack - Ranger BL-5000 Quick Jack - Motorsports Race Jack Stands - Race Car Pit Lift - Portable Car Lift - Garage Lift - Ranger but it is a full car lift (up to 5k lbs).

What I'm looking for is exactly 1/2 of this.. just a single side jack. Any suggestions?

Quick_Jack_Sales_Ad_2013.jpg

Looks pretty nice. There is one problem, the farthest apart you can place the lifting pads is 50.5 inches---far less distance then the distance between the Tesla jack points. Even if you placed the lifts sideways under the car, the jack points on the car are too far apart. Still I like the concept.