Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moving into old Infiniti dealership in North East Ohio.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA

Northeast Ohio's first electric car company Tesla Motors coming to Mayfield Road in Lyndhurst

16145134-mmmain.jpg

LYNDHURST, Ohio — Tesla Motors, an electric car company specializing in custom-made vehicles, is moving into the former Infiniti dealership on Mayfield Road.

Infiniti moved out in June, and Silicon Valley-based Tesla is spending $150,000 to renovate the property. It is expected to open in November.

The store will be one of three Tesla showrooms in the state and the first of its kind in Northeast Ohio. Unlike traditional dealerships that works as liaisons between the customer and manufacturer, Tesla both makes and sells its vehicles.

An Ohio House bill requested by the Ohio Automobile Dealers Association would have prohibited auto manufacturers from selling vehicles directly to consumers and prevented Tesla from opening the Lyndhurst store. Instead, lawmakers limited showrooms to three.

http://www.cleveland.com/hillcrest/index.ssf/2014/10/electric_car_company_tesla_mot.html

Since Tesla Showrooms don't carry inventory, other than a couple units for test drives, I wonder what they're going to be doing with the acres of parking lot that this property includes. Having posed the question, I guess one benefit of this larger property is that at the end of quarter rush, they wouldn't have every square inch of their parking space packed with a vehicle. Extra space would make these peak delivery periods much easier to handle.

It seems fun/weird that a state would allow a company to have three locations. Why would they do that? Is it a company and it can compete with the rest or is it outlawed for some reason--that at least makes some sense to me. But to limit the number of "stores" a company can have just doesn't make sense.

But to limit the number of "stores" a company can have just doesn't make sense.

It is a compromise between the dealer purchased politicians and the green/free market alliance. Political compromises often don't make sense.

Before 1860 African-Americans were not considered legal persons but cattle with zero civil rights. Yet, African-Americans counted as 3/5 of a person for Congressional apportionment and Electoral College Vote purposes.

Just stopped by an hour ago. Interior work is well underway. Workers were on-site. I couldn't take any pictures, but the insides were being painted and the big wall pictures of Model S were already up on the wall (for those who've been in a Tesla showroom before, you know what I mean). This is an excellent spot for a store + service center.

Tons of activity going on here today. Around 10 or 15 workers cars here. Lots of progress since I last visited two weeks ago, especially the beautiful signage on the front. I got to peek into the service area and several brand new vehicle lifts were still in their plastic wrappers brand new. There was also a Model S on a trailer of a Tesla Service truck in the parking lot. I loved looking at the drivers who passed by because most of the turned their heads to look at the store. They are probably so surprised that a Tesla store is opening. Here are a few pics. I will try and stop once a week to provide updates.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tons of activity going on here today. Around 10 or 15 workers cars here. Lots of progress since I last visited two weeks ago, especially the beautiful signage on the front. I got to peek into the service area and several brand new vehicle lifts were still in their plastic wrappers brand new. There was also a Model S on a trailer of a Tesla Service truck in the parking lot. I loved looking at the drivers who passed by because most of the turned their heads to look at the store. They are probably so surprised that a Tesla store is opening. Here are a few pics. I will try and stop once a week to provide updates.

How cool to be able to watch it go from abandoned ICE into new Tesla facility, and in industrial Ohio. What a great example.

Stopped by today, several cars were there and workers were inside. It is looking so much better than just a few weeks ago! There is even a Supercharger pedestal inside the showroom...but I would guess it is just a display mockup. I can see the HPWCs all mounted and ready in the service bays...the place looks ready to rumble!

5ccb482cedb0df3a8542baa302c85e0f.jpg
3efb3facbb0a489ceb8f429944423045.jpg
7edc37b5e0a8156731eaef1b6becad5f.jpg
bc49004ffc30be14cdebf55869f51366.jpg