Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the MS come with a center console and rear liftgate cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was browsing the accessories page and see these items listed there. Are these upgrades or does the MS not come with any center console and way to block prying eyes from the cargo area?
Thanks.

On the console issue, I suggest driving it for a month or so before deciding what to do. I thought I would really want a console, but so far I enjoy the space. Bags from a small supermarket errand fit really nicely in there, wife loves putting her purse there, easy to get to the USB/12V charging outlets, etc.

On the console issue, I suggest driving it for a month or so before deciding what to do. I thought I would really want a console, but so far I enjoy the space. Bags from a small supermarket errand fit really nicely in there, wife loves putting her purse there, easy to get to the USB/12V charging outlets, etc.

+1

I thought I'd miss having a console there, but now I actually prefer it and would not get a console. I do like the Yacht floor though - makes the center area look a lot nicer.

I really think I'm going to go with a console eventually. I haven't got my Model S yet, but I'm paranoid about leaving ANYTHING out in the open in a car.

There's not anywhere in the city that I would park and want to leave a bag, sunglasses, anything of value in plain view. Smash & grab is just too easy. But "smash and search around in hopes of something" is not worth the risk.

I really think I'm going to go with a console eventually. I haven't got my Model S yet, but I'm paranoid about leaving ANYTHING out in the open in a car.

There's not anywhere in the city that I would park and want to leave a bag, sunglasses, anything of value in plain view. Smash & grab is just too easy. But "smash and search around in hopes of something" is not worth the risk.

There is a small shelf under the center screen that can be used to store small items (sunglasses, mints, etc.) while keeping them away from prying eyes.