Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just another Seattleite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be honest I'm not really sure who actually uses the term Seattleite to describe people from Seattle, Washington, USA... but it figured like an interesting opening title.

Been lurking around here and every other Tesla site I could find for some time now, but finally figured I'd join up. Already posted a bit before I found this section to come by and say hi. Hi.

No pretty picture of my car yet, as I am still awaiting delivery, but I did get an email with my VIN today! Confirmed my order the first week of this month and hoping to take delivery in December. I wonder if letting people touch the car will suffice as Christmas presents? Might be a good cost saving technique now that I'll have car payment again for the first time in nearly 7 years; a sizable one at that.

About me? I'm a manager in software testing, aka "QA". Been in that field of work for about 8 years now, really enjoy it. As mentioned in the title, I'm from Seattle. Grew up in the burbs, went to University of Washington. As a child of the 80's, watching the UW Huskies during the Don James era there was no question about where I'd go to college... I didn't even apply anywhere else. Things weren't quite the same with the football program by the time I showed up (or since then) but the pride & passion are still there :)

I've quietly informed my siblings and parents about the purchase, but none of my friends and colleagues know I've already started the process. I have to bite my tongue sometimes because I want to talk about something and I have to tell some lies when directly questioned about why I haven't bought one yet... but it'll be worth it for that BAM! "new car" moment

But on to the important stuff... about the car!

85 kWh RWD. Black exterior, black leather, piano black trim & black alcantara headliner. Pano roof & 19" cyclone wheels. Tech Package + Parking Sensors (at the time, to be converted to the new Tech Package with Auto-Pilot).

I think that's it, as for updates after delivery I'm looking to get the wheel's powder coated to a dark satin/matte finish... not sure on black or grey. I like the look of dark grey from what I've seen. And will get the windows tinted... nothing crazy will stick with the legal limit here I just don't like the look of untinted. Also plan to go minimum "full frontal" if not "complete wrap" on paint protection.

Welcome, from all of Seattle! There are a good number of Model S' driving around Seattle as you no doubt know. Driving a Tesla is a very fun experience, and it's better and better here all the time. You can travel easily in 3 of the cardinal directions, with superchargers facilitating travel to Whistler, Portland and south, and Spokane. But just recently there was the introduction of the high power chargers on the olympic peninsula.

I don't see the double chargers listed, that's the only thing I'd add to your order, plus maybe awd so you could drive to the mountains in the snow. Plus, don't forget ...[never mind, you will love it] :)

Decided not to wait til Feb for the AWD because I don't really do all that much driving in the snow/ice. Having grown up in Seattle you don't get much practice and even if I did know what I was doing, 90% of the other drivers on the road do not!

I may eventually add dual chargers, but my daily commute right now is about 35 miles round trip and with the Superchargers on most major routes I think I'll be fine. Downside would be routes like Hwy 2 to Leavenworth which has high capacity chargers, but not superchargers.

Decided not to wait til Feb for the AWD because I don't really do all that much driving in the snow/ice. Having grown up in Seattle you don't get much practice and even if I did know what I was doing, 90% of the other drivers on the road do not!

I may eventually add dual chargers, but my daily commute right now is about 35 miles round trip and with the Superchargers on most major routes I think I'll be fine. Downside would be routes like Hwy 2 to Leavenworth which has high capacity chargers, but not superchargers.

The twin chargers are worth it here if you plan on taking trips to Port Angeles, Victoria and other places in BC as well as Highway 2 you mentioned. You are right though you'd almost never need it for your daily driving.