Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ricks Lighted T nose cone installation question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased the front lighted T and want it to be on all of the time the car is without adding the toggle switch or remote module. Don't want to deal with the extra hardware. If I wire it to the day time lights it will shut off when I turn on the night lights and vise versa if I wire it to the night time headlights.

I was thinking of just wiring in directly to the fuse box using the same method in the instructions of tapping into the current for the glove box but not installing the switch module.

Has anyone done this and would it be safe as well as only getting power when the car is on?

Thanks

It's safe as long as you use the fuse tap to fuse it separately. As mentioned, it will be on 24/7 which may not be desirable. What I did was power it directly off the 12v accessory outlet (cigarette lighter). I don't have the fuse number handy at the moment but it's in the manual. Tapping that fuse will turn it on the second you open your door and stay on while driving. Then once you get out of the car, it will turn off a few seconds after you close the door. Works well for me.

It's safe as long as you use the fuse tap to fuse it separately. As mentioned, it will be on 24/7 which may not be desirable. What I did was power it directly off the 12v accessory outlet (cigarette lighter). I don't have the fuse number handy at the moment but it's in the manual. Tapping that fuse will turn it on the second you open your door and stay on while driving. Then once you get out of the car, it will turn off a few seconds after you close the door. Works well for me.

Thanks for the info. Can you tell what number it is from this diagram. Can't see one only #74 says 12V drive rail. This will be much simpler then the other posts of connecting a diode to both the DRL and head lights. Also thanks Rick for your feedback. Love your products.
Model S Fuse Box.png

- - - Updated - - -

I think I found it #35. Manual says 12 V power socket.

Thanks again.