Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Global Warming thread organization

Should the Climate Change / Global Warming thread be split

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Robert.Boston

Model S VIN P01536
The Global Warming/Climate change thread is busy and long. Is it best left as is, allowing a fluid exchange of ideas and comments within a fairly large "sandbox", or should I split it?

I've been toying around with different ideas of how to split it, if that's what people think would be most useful. Example:

1. Climate change science news
2. Climate change policy and politics
3. Climate change skeptics

Whether you are in favor of a split or not, please feel free to suggest how best to slice/dice. If I were to slice the thread up, I'd close the existing meta-thread.

I voted no. I get wanting to organize it a little more, but right now, I know I can go one place for all kinds of info on this subject. If it's split, that's even more threads to keep up with.

I don't think there is a point of splitting it. If it was split, those outside the usual group (Me, Raffy, RichardC, ggies, Robert Boston) would likely not adhere to the rules. (Keeping politics out of science thread). The problem is that there are some who think that their personal opinion is just as good as decades of research and measurement. I'm perfectly fine with someone coming in and laying down an ignorance bomb to our usual discussion, it's the intellectual version of a turkey shoot. I rarely see a well-reasoned and evidence based argument from them and I actually think debunking bad arguments adds value to the discussion.

I don't think there is a point of splitting it. If it was split, those outside the usual group (Me, Raffy, RichardC, ggies, Robert Boston) would likely not adhere to the rules. (Keeping politics out of science thread).

Thank you Tiger, in fact as you know I always invited in the thread "Climate Change/Global Warming discussion" to keep politics out of it. But I have seen that this goal is very difficult to achieve. That's why I thought it was a good idea to have a thread on this matter concerning policy and politics. But I do agree with you.

A science thread has to be kept out of politics.

Thank you Tiger, in fact as you know I always invited in the thread "Climate Change/Global Warming discussion" to keep politics out of it. But I have seen that this goal is very difficult to achieve. That's why I thought it was a good idea to have a thread on this matter concerning policy and politics. But I do agree with you.

A science thread has to be kept out of politics.

It kind of reminds me of this clip.

The Big Bang Theory - Evolution versus Creationism (funny) - YouTube

Just change the word "evolution" to "anthropogenic climate change".