Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 6 + 6.0FW = Skipping Bluetooth Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know others have reported issues with the latest iPhone and recent calls and other issues pairing the phone, but what I am experiencing is a "skipping" in the bluetooth audio (music only) that makes it un-useable. It skips every 2-3 seconds. Tried rebooting but it didn't help. Anyone else notice this?

Where is your phone normally situated in the car? It doesn't seem to take much to break the bluetooth signal on mine. As long as it's mounted on the dash it's fine, but if it's in my pocket, then it's 50/50, depending on if I'm wearing jeans or something with a thinner fabric. My 6+ actually seems a bit better than my 5, but it's still not ideal. I just upgraded to 8.1 to see if it resolves the other issue I've had, of repeated drops when streaming media.

This problem is not only with the iPhones. I've had similar problems with BT audio from my Galaxy S5 and with music played from USB. It's more noticeable with the BT audio - for USB music, it sounds like a short portion of the music is dropped.

Usually this has cleared up with a reboot - sometimes both the car and the phone software.

I've seen this problem with several recent software releases - though I don't recall having this problem with earlier releases (I've had my car since January 2013).

I just rented a S85 (was delivered new to the rental company in August 2014) for the day yesterday and when I first connected my iPhone 6 and streamed music it started to skip every 2-3 seconds as you stated, from looking at the screen it looked like it was going from "play" to "pause" and repeating. I finally gave up. I then applied the latest update from Tesla and tried again and it the streaming from the iPhone 6 now works without issues.