Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locations to change winter tires in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting my Model S in December and i'm planning to get the Hakka R2's for winter.

Tesla informed me that they do not change third party tires so I need to find a place in Toronto that will do this for me.
Does anyone (who lives in toronto) have a recommendation of a good place to change tires?

Also I have not bought the tires yet, so if someone recommends a store to purchase tires in Toronto, please let me know!

I'm getting my Model S in December and i'm planning to get the Hakka R2's for winter.

Tesla informed me that they do not change third party tires so I need to find a place in Toronto that will do this for me.
Does anyone (who lives in toronto) have a recommendation of a good place to change tires?

Also I have not bought the tires yet, so if someone recommends a store to purchase tires in Toronto, please let me know!

For Hakka R2, I think Kal Tires got the best deal in the case of Ottawa, and Toronto according to mknox.

I just got my R2s today... they had 12 tires left when I ordered (3 sets)... so if you want them, get on it!

Kal Tires, spoke with Nick at the Kennedy and Queen location.

Interesting convo because he first thought I wanted the WG R2s and started telling me about how they are discontinued and now being replaced by R3... etc etc. I listened to him for a moment and then reminded him I wanted the Hakkapeliitta R2 WINTERS :) There is a $ 70 dollar rebate on them at the moment....

Now just waiting for Tesla to send me my 19" winter setup so I can pull of the Pirellis and put on the R2s.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as for Tesla not putting on the aftermarket tires... I've received all kinds of answers so far.

My question is simply this. In Norway, Tesla sells a winter 19" package with the Nokian Hakkaleliita R2s, so why can't they put them on the rims for us here? confusing! I'm sure there has to be a way around it... if not, then there is Kal Tire (the swap, mounting and balance is all included in the price anyway).

Last edited:
My question is simply this. In Norway, Tesla sells a winter 19" package with the Nokian Hakkaleliita R2s, so why can't they put them on the rims for us here? confusing! I'm sure there has to be a way around it... if not, then there is Kal Tire (the swap, mounting and balance is all included in the price anyway).

I bought mine at the Kennedy/Queen location myself. I had Kal tire mount and balance them for me right there. I'm not sure what the attraction with having the Tesla SC doing it is. I'm sure they're just fine at it, but a tire shop would likely have a lot more experience and the specialized tools that are required for the job.