Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are those flaps ahead of the front wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model_S_P85D-sm.jpg

Hopefully R&T allows hotlinking. If not, just click the link and you'll see what I'm talking about. I see a lot of newer cars come with these rubber'ish flaps ahead of the front tires. Anybody know what these are for?

That's the FINAL STRAW -- I bet these are not available as a retrofit. I was promised hardware upgrades! I'm returning my Sig so I can get this!
I don't think my car had them, I got it May 2013.. But after it being serviced 2 weeks ago, they just magically appeared. I could be wrong, and they could always have been there. Or it might be something else that I noticed, I'll check when I go home this weekend and take a closer look at my car.

I don't think my car had them, I got it May 2013.. But after it being serviced 2 weeks ago, they just magically appeared. I could be wrong, and they could always have been there. Or it might be something else that I noticed, I'll check when I go home this weekend and take a closer look at my car.

I would guess they've always been there. I have a Feb 2013 car and have always had them.

My flaps scrape against the driveway every time I back-out into the street. I tried all different angles but I can't avoid it. When it stops scraping, I'll assess how much was worn and decide at that time whether or not I should replace.