Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change in Board Format

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

danny

TMCing Since 2006
Administrator
Aug 15, 2006
California
Referral Code
I have adjusted the boards format. Although I'm still not happy with it, it just makes a little more sense to me right now.
Let me explain the main things that are different.
Battery and Technical discussion that is roadster specific goes in the roadster section.
Battery/Technical discussion that is Tesla motors specific such as technologies that tesla should use, goes in the Company section.
Battery and Technical discussion that is specific to Electric Cars in general, goes in the Electric Cars section.
If you have any proposals or complaints let me know.
If you have a complete proposal of what the entire board should look like and it makes more sense then what I have come up with, I am happy to implement it. Tony Belding, feel free to move things around to the right board, if it doesn't make sense let me know and we will change it.
I understand its a little strange at the moment but I need some input.
The reason why I made changes were that i was finding a lot of stuff that had nothing to do with the roadster apart from it being a suggest for what should be in the roadster, in the roadster section and i thought it might be nice to make things a little bit more specific.
Thanks
Greenspeed

I also wanted to add that if you read what is in each board, you'll see what I'm getting at in terms of having 3 battery and technical boards among 3 different sections.
I am considering Merging the Tesla Company board and the Tesla Roadster Board into one big section and having 1 place to post about the Roadster. This would make more sense the the current system however this would cause the single tesla roadster board to get very full and extremly active compared to the other boards. Let me know what you think of this idea.
In other words, do you guys prefer and simple forum or a very specific forum layout?

At some point you may want to split it apart based on various Tesla models.

It is Roadster centric now, so "Whitestar" rumors and ideas are mixed into various places.

You may want to have

Tesla Model 1 (The 2008 Roadster)
+ Rumors
+ General
+ Performance
+ Technical
+ Battery
+ Modifications
Tesla Model 2 (The 2009 "Whitestar")
+ Rumors
+ General
+ Performance
+ Technical
+ Battery
+ Modifications
Tesla Model 3 (The 2010 entry level model)
+ Rumors
+ General
+ Performance
+ Technical
+ Battery
+ Modifications

The Tesla Store - since Tesla will have factory owned Stores (dealerships) there should be a section on the Store, and what sort of purchase - service experience is anticipated and expected.

Will Tesla store sell only electric cars, or will it sell electric and ICE cars.

This might be limited by the SMF but I would like the Forum to recognize me and show me what Posts I have missed..

I regularly use the "last 10 Posts" feature but if I miss a day, :'( and TEG is on a roll, then I may miss an unknown amount of Posts.

Perhaps the "10" could be user selectable (like regen!) to read the last 10, 20, or 40 Posts. That way if you start with 10 and don't recognize any of them then you could keep increasing the number until you see the last one you read.