Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live in Tucson/Flagstaff but service center in Scottsdale...free Ranger visits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent this email to my adviser, but I have not yet heard back. I'd welcome any answers from the group!

Dear xxxx,

As I live in Tucson and Flagstaff both, I'm trying to get an understanding of when I would get Ranger service...

Is ranger service free as part of a problem that makes the car not driveable covered under warranty?

Or, are all ranger visits at my expense, regardless of the reason for the visit?

As I live in Tucson and Flagstaff, and have a problem that renders the car not driveable to the Scottsdale service center, I need to have a clear understanding on how such a problem will be handled. Assume a reboot won't fix the issue.

Best regards,
David Weeks

I'm 425 miles from my service center. At least last year, ranger visits were free and I did not have a pre-paid service plan. Is this a hypothetical question or is your car inoperable? If it is inoperable, you should be able to get an answer post haste.

I'm 425 miles from my service center. At least last year, ranger visits were free and I did not have a pre-paid service plan. Is this a hypothetical question or is your car inoperable? If it is inoperable, you should be able to get an answer post haste.

No, my car is not even built yet (grin). December delivery.

I wants to make sure I know how service is handled IF the car is not drivable in Tucson or Flagstaff.

I'm in Tucson and have prepaid for the unlimited ranger service, so I'm not sure if this would apply to you, since you can no longer get that plan. I've had work done at my house, had the car trailered to Scottsdale and also driven up there myself. The easiest experience has always been my driving up. I don't mind waiting around for a few hours while they do their work. One time, they did drop of a loaner P85+ to my house, which I had for about a week. This was painless.

I'm at about $45K miles now and my service plan is about to expire. I do have the additional 4 year extended warranty plan, but have not opted for purchasing the prepaid maintenance - it's also not available to me now. I would purchase it, if made available, because it will save me some money in the long run.