Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PA best insurance rates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have USAA, pay somewhere around $550/6 months. Squeaky clean record, 2 drivers, 3 cars. Full tort 100/300. $500 deduct.

Note that I had to notify insurer of the tracking capabilities of the car. They were familiar with OnStar and similar-- for which there was a discount code associated with the car models specifically-- but Tesla had no such affiliation in their system. The discount is disappointingly minimal but they did retroactively apply it since we took delivery.

No dashcam discount. Grr.

I don't have a Tesla (yet), but asked my Allstate girl today what the numbers would look like. $4k for a year. I'll be switching. . . Have a quote from USAA for a little more (Like $20/mo more?) than what my 2006 TL is costing me now.

Haven't asked USAA about Tesla rates yet, but our family experience with them for 30 years for almost all of our insurance has been so positive that I rarely get alternative quotes. Tesla-level customer service, fast claim processing, and rebate checks!

Yeah, I don't know. They're completely nuts. So far I have been most impressed with Geico locally while researching options — the representative actually knew what a Tesla Model S was without asking me "who makes Tesla, is it a Toyota?" Geesh.

I'm doing the same research. Be sure to search Geico on this site - a few people have had issues. So far I'm leaning towards USAA.