Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla P85+ Immaculate! $83k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Tesla P85+ Immaculate! $83k

Selling my beloved 2013 Tesla P85+ The car is always parked in an indoor garage at home and work. No accidents, clean title, wheels have no curb rash. Like new condition.

Below is the breakdown of all options:

2013 Model S Performance P85+ $94,900
Performance Plus Package $6500
21" Grey Wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 $4500
Tech Package $3750
Ultra High Fidelity Sound System $950
Carbon Fiber Spoiler $1000
Black Performance Leather Interior $2500
Smart Active Air Suspension
Premium interior lighting
Solid White Paint
Black roof
Obeche Wood Gloss D?cor
White Alcantara
85 kWh Battery
Supercharging
Tesla (Weathertech) all-weather floormats complete set (including front and rear, front trunk, and rear trunk) $510

** 8 YEAR TESLA WARRANTY INFINITE MILES **

Private sale. NO TAX!

after market enhancements:

-Opti-coat Pro

Asking $83,000. Car is located in Las Vegas, NV. Shipping to be arranged by buyer.
Currently has 18,6xx miles

Feel free to contact me via email or call/text 702-321-0565

List Date: 10/18/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2013 Tesla P85+ Immaculate! $83k
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $83,001.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

zCFZ2JV4rJgy.JPG
B00pYjzdhgZb.JPG
PRzmeZWZpnyF.JPG

I guess maybe it depends on the state, but here in NC, yes, Daniel is right - you'd have to pay the "Highway Use Tax" which is like a sales tax when you register the car. I'm sure many other states are the same.

In most states including Arizona and Nevada there is no sale tax for private party auto sales. I am unaware what the policy is in other states.

I don't know where you got that mis information. I have homes in Mass and Fla. You cannot register a car, transfer into another name WITHOUT paying some tax. I would say in most state you MUST pay a sales or use tax to register a car. In fact in Mass, even if I just want to register a car there, taking a title from Fla and moving it to Mass, to save car insurance, they will charge a 6% tax PLUS an annual excise tax (because I am not a resident) every year until the car is 6 years old. There isn't going to be any tax advantage for most buyers.

I don't know where you got that mis information. I have homes in Mass and Fla. You cannot register a car, transfer into another name WITHOUT paying some tax. I would say in most state you MUST pay a sales or use tax to register a car. In fact in Mass, even if I just want to register a car there, taking a title from Fla and moving it to Mass, to save car insurance, they will charge a 6% tax PLUS an annual excise tax (because I am not a resident) every year until the car is 6 years old. There isn't going to be any tax advantage for most buyers.

You're both right. In Arizona, there is indeed no sales tax on auto purchases between private parties. I bought my Model S used from a private owner in Seattle, WA and didn't pay any tax upon registration. He also told me Washington State does not tax EV's so on my Model S there has remarkably and legally been no sales tax paid.

I bought my Roadster as a certified preowned from Tesla and had to pay about $4500 in tax upon registration because it was not purchased from a private party.

However, from my understanding, Arizona (and presumably Nevada) is an exception with this rule and in most states you will indeed pay sales tax upon registering the vehicle - which to me seems odd, since the car is essentially being taxed twice. Regardless, most folks are going to be paying some sort of sales tax when purchasing a used car from a private party.