Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Supercharger we visited last week, and I didn't see much on the forum about it so I figured I'd add some pictures and info. It's a very sleepy town. The Supercharger is located in a motel parking lot. The guy at the desk was pretty nice, letting us use the restrooms even though we weren't staying there. The motel looked like it would be an OK place to stop overnight. There are a few restaurants within walking distance, including a Subway and a diner. By the time you walked to either of the restaurants, grabbed a bite, and walked back you'd be fully charged.

Lusk, WY 6.jpg
Lusk, WY (4).jpg
Lusk, WY (2).jpg

Lusk, WY (3).jpg

Reactions: PStewart
Warning: While the drive-in next to the motel has good food, it takes only cash. And when I asked, they said: "There is no ATM in this town." The restaurant just up the street is ok. The coffee stand across the street was closed both times we passed through.

Warning: While the drive-in next to the motel has good food, it takes only cash. And when I asked, they said: "There is no ATM in this town." The restaurant just up the street is ok. The coffee stand across the street was closed both times we passed through.

There's also a Subway down the block that takes CCs. Fairly certain there are several ATMs in town.

Can't wait to get there - 2 Teslas ?!! - how'd that happen ? Does the Motel owner have one ? :wink:
Thanks for the update
btw I think that's about the right size for a town to be

Two Teslas at Lusk is not uncommon. Except in the dead of winter, I've always seen another Model S there. Nobody in Lusk owns one that I know of. Since it's on the only cross country supercharger highway, it's a necessary stop.

Two Teslas at Lusk is not uncommon. Except in the dead of winter, I've always seen another Model S there. Nobody in Lusk owns one that I know of. Since it's on the only cross country supercharger highway, it's a necessary stop.

Indeed, that one's a must stop on the one route. My experience with visits to SCs while on road trips, so far
image.jpg
in my icky ICE cars) let's see . . . Silverthorne, Green River, St. George, Beaver, Nephi (the Utah I-15 N. is temporarily a deadend spur:frown:) Oh! And Truckee - all have had zero cars charging.
soon, we'll be sitting here at a SuperCharger crossroads that SLC ought to be!

Lusk Motel Was Nice

Another Supercharger we visited last week, and I didn't see much on the forum about it so I figured I'd add some pictures and info. It's a very sleepy town. The Supercharger is located in a motel parking lot. The guy at the desk was pretty nice, letting us use the restrooms even though we weren't staying there. The motel looked like it would be an OK place to stop overnight. There are a few restaurants within walking distance, including a Subway and a diner. By the time you walked to either of the restaurants, grabbed a bite, and walked back you'd be fully charged.

View attachment 61667View attachment 61668View attachment 61669

View attachment 61670

We stayed at the motel in mid-October. Very nice staff. They also had an excellent comp breakfast buffet. The only disappointment was 2 of the 4 SuperChargers were out of service. I called Tesla and it had been previously reported. I believe they are fixed now, from what I've been reading. At any rate - kudos to the Tesla team for picking this location.

With the recent floods, it looks hard to get in or out of Lusk from the north, east, or west. Does anyone know what the Supercharger status is?

From Closures - WYDOT Travel Information Service as of 6/6/2015:

LUSK AREA UPDATE: US 18/20: Still closed from Orin Jct. to Nebraska. Work will begin on repairing the collapsed area just west of Manville once water recedes. US 85: Closed NORTHBOUND ONLY between Lingle and Lusk. WYO 270: Closed NORTHBOUND ONLY between Hartville and Manville. US 85 between Lusk and Mule Creek Junction expected to be closed for extended period of time due to flood damage. No schedule for reopening any of these roads. Flooding in Lusk is still affecting the town as well as portions of US 20 and US 85. Travelers should consider an alternate route using US 26 or I-25. I 25: Left lane closed SOUTHBOUND between Kaycee and Casper between mileposts 241.82 and 243 due to road work. Delays possible. I25: Nimmo Road Interchange at milepost 34 between Chugwater and Cheyenne is open, however, travel across the overpass is prohibited until further notice due to structural damage.

I have to admit, I stayed in Lusk last year. I'm a 5 year vegetarian and very un fond of Subway. Stale veggies are just well almost not worth eating.

I did go to the restaurant (not the cafe) and ending up eating meat! I was really hungry and did not have a good lunch in the last spot because of lack of vegetarian food. I figure if I eat meat once or twice a year when there is really no other options, I'm okay.

You can walk from one end of the town to the other and folks are very friendly. The motel is okay.

Nothing special about that particular location one way or the other. Most superchargers aren't convenient to a vegetarian option.

Co Sheriff advises Chadron, NE to Rapid City is open, so traveling Cheyenne <=> Rapid City could be accomplished with an RV Park charge up anywhere in the Torrington-Scottsbluff-Chadron area. Seem to be plenty of these online. Even if you can get to the Lusk SpC it might not be the best idea to be drawing all those KWHs under these circumstances.
--