Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cheyenne, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't see any information on the forum about this Supercharger, nor a link on the Supercharger.info page, so I thought I would start one.

The Supercharger is in the parking lot of a nice mall, but also in the middle of a travel trailer lot. It's kind of unusual, but you have to drive through a row of travel trailers (they're for sale) in order to get to the Superchargers. It's not a problem, and while we were there the trailers were open for viewing, so we perused some pretty nice trailers to help kill the time while the S charged. The mall is a little bit off the highway, but not bad.

CheyenneWY_zps0b830ef3.jpg

CheyenneWY2_zps86960c08.jpg

Reactions: PStewart
The local car dealer uses the lot. Sometimes it's RVs, other times it's cars. I've visited when it was almost impossible to get to the superchargers because they crowd them so badly. It's been written up on the Tesla forum supercharger thread by pbendo, though I see it's not searchable because it's private.
Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

Oh that sucks then. They did have the closest entrance to the Supercharger blocked so that I had to go all the way around the trailers then find the path on the opposite end. The salesmen I met were nice about it, complimented the car, etc.

Oh that sucks then. They did have the closest entrance to the Supercharger blocked so that I had to go all the way around the trailers then find the path on the opposite end. The salesmen I met were nice about it, complimented the car, etc.

I was there once when the RV's were on display. Made getting to the Charging Pedestals a challenge.

BTW, there was a Cheyenne Thread already... Cheyenne, WY Supercharger - Page 12

Eclipse day. 7:25am.

Full up in stalls with three Model S waiting
Was this the worst of the congestion for the Denver/Eastern Wyoming eclipse viewers? If so, that doesn't sound too bad, although it would have been fairly stressful for anyone who showed up in Cheyenne after that time.

Also curious to hear what you guys did for the eclipse. I guess I probably would have just gone to Glendo and back if I was able to get a full charge at Cheyenne. I wonder if the Lusk supercharger ever got full lol.

FWIW, I drove down from Seattle, stayed with friends in Lebanon, OR and viewed the eclipse on a hill on a farm near Scio, OR. It was truly amazing. No issues with waits at superchargers for me, but I took advantage of the fact that I'm a night owl and traveled during the wee hours. I'm sure there were some lineups in Centralia and Woodburn and I know there were some small lines headed to eastern Oregon (Pendleton, Baker City and probably Ellensburg), but I haven't heard any horror stories from the WA/OR eclipse viewers. Shasta and Corning are a different story entirely!

Reactions: PStewart and ModelX
I was planning to stop in Torrington, WY. Traffic was terrible on 85N, so took some back roads, first east, then north, very close to the NE border. These are country roads, one lane each way, with speed limits of 65-75 mph. Passed through a few small towns whose signs indicated their elevation was more than 10x their population :)

There's a post by Bighorn on the tesla.com forum about his trip to Lusk. IIRC, he said there were 7 cars waiting to charge there.

On an unrelated note, I got a kick out of the traveler's comment on the other forum we share, about the topics of last week's chat.

Reactions: PStewart
Tons of broken glass in stall 1A. I didn't have the proper equipment to clean it up, so I kind of kicked it up against the curb so hopefully no one drives over it like I did. There's also loads of sand in all of the stalls presumably from snow plowing in the winter. 1B (and presumably 2A as well) is incredibly narrow. All in all, this supercharger has seen better days. Seems like it might be time for some type of upgrade given that it's only 4 stalls and Cheyenne is at the crossroads of two major interstates.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke and CO_MY
Tons of broken glass in stall 1A. I didn't have the proper equipment to clean it up, so I kind of kicked it up against the curb so hopefully no one drives over it like I did. There's also loads of sand in all of the stalls presumably from snow plowing in the winter. 1B (and presumably 2A as well) is incredibly narrow. All in all, this supercharger has seen better days. Seems like it might be time for some type of upgrade given that it's only 4 stalls and Cheyenne is at the crossroads of two major interstates.
Fortunately, it can be avoided in most situations now.

Drove into Cheyenne this evening. One spot is ice’d. Huge empty mall parking lot and some idiot ices 1/4 supercharger spots:(

Attachments

• 41302AA8-5C57-4BFC-876D-6EEDB1D422B1.jpeg
    41302AA8-5C57-4BFC-876D-6EEDB1D422B1.jpeg
    653.2 KB · Views: 70
  • B81202DE-7C72-421A-9235-1EADBCF6FADC.jpeg
    B81202DE-7C72-421A-9235-1EADBCF6FADC.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 64
Drove into Cheyenne this evening. One spot is ice’d. Huge empty mall parking lot and some idiot ices 1/4 supercharger spots:(

I've seen that several times when I stop there. In the icer's defense, Tesla and/or the mall don't help things by not having signs up that say charging only. In fact there are posts but no signs. Also someone not familiar with a Tesla might not realize a charger to the left of that spot is for charging car there. I wish the signage would be improved, or even better a new v3 supercharger site be installed closer to I-25 or I-80.

Was charger 1 working when you were there? It was broken for months in 2019.

I guess I forgot a smiley face :)

Stayed overnight in Lusk in late June. What a great place - the Covered Wagon (location of the Superchargers and motel). On our trip we stayed at over 22 places and this was by far the best. Outstanding breakfast layout (during Pandemic) and furnishings were top notch with a homey feel.
But for us it wasn't a detour for the SC as we were heading toward Rapid City from Denver and wanted to skirt the corner of Nebraska to say we'd been there. Charged in the morning during breakfast and were off.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverMonk