Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A new beginning...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
After the unfortunate demise of our beloved S60 in late August, my wife and I recently finalized this configuration - delivery ETA is currently January 2015 as per the My Tesla Dashboard.

Thanks much to many of you who've kindly inquired of my health; I've checked out okay but, am sitting on the bench, so to speak, for 6 months as far as driving's concerned. Needless to say, my wife's looking forward to having exclusive dibs on the 85D atleast for a couple of months early next year :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh, yay! I'm sure all the forumanifera here rejoice that gg'sgonnagetanother Tesla. But your route is definitely NOT the recommended path towards D-dom...:wink::crying::biggrin:

Thanks, all. It's great to be part of the conversation again on these forums.

@AO, Green forever! Was slightly tempted by the new gray but, wife was being sentimental about the green.

Yes, AWD and Subzero are probably overkill but, the increased efficiency/power of the D and possible use for both up in Tahoe in the winters helped tick those off.

The 85 pack, Dual Chargers and Textile seats were all owing to first hand experience with the alternatives with the previous car. I've always been a big proponent of the 60 pack but, could thankfully afford the greater range this time around. Dual chargers can be very handy (as has been debated here before) and are too expensive to retrofit. Leather seats were too slippery, sweaty and wrinkly.

@Audie, yes, this route to D-dom is most certainly not recommended :)

@CHGolferJim, it's still the default tan headliner in there.

@ecarfan, will definitely sync up with you early next year once I get driving again.

@Todd Burch, congrats on your black beauty! It's like late 2012 all over again!

Interesting, dhanson, didn't notice that myself. Actually, I did have a pre-D-reveal configuration on hold with the 85 pack and the primacy upgrade back then. I worked with a Tesla rep on changing that config to the D so, that may have resulted in this. Don't know what's standard now though.