Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor GP Automotive Renewal Service: P85+ Steel Grey - Clear bra/Tint/Nano/Matte Black Trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the pleasure of working on one of the first Steel Grey Model S this month. Color is stunning in real life. We had a lot of fun with this project.

Client opted for our Advanced Clear Bra Installation. This is an all-custom installation and as seamless of an installation as can be done.

Bumper removed to gain access to bare shell of painted bumper surface

IMG_5592-web900.jpg

IMG_3978-web900.jpg

All parts removed are systematically cataloged following our proprietary removal/installation process

image1.jpe

IMG_5600-web900.jpg

IMG_5598-web900.jpg

Our Advanced Clear Bra installation is custom. This allows us maximum coverage and precision hand-trimming for a much cleaner installation

IMG_5602-web900.jpg

IMG_5603-web900.jpg

IMG_5605-web900.jpg

IMG_5607-web900.jpg

IMG_5608-web900.jpg

Door trim removed to access door handles

IMG_5611-web900.jpg

IMG_5609-web900.jpg

IMG_5617-web900.jpg

image2.jpe

Seamless wrapping of edges makes the clear bra undetectable

image2%20(2).jpe

Beginning of re-assembly...because of our experience and knowldge of the Model S, everything is put back exactly as the factory did

IMG_5624-web900.jpg

IMG_5616-web900.jpg

De-chroming the letters. We only use NEW OEM emblems. Once primed, we applied a matte paint and matte clear coat

IMG_5628-web900.jpg

IMG_5629-web900.jpg

IMG_5631-web900.jpg

We finished this project in time, but did not get opportunity to take final pictures, so these are the best I have. Wanted to do a follow-up photo shoot and final inspection, but client informed us that this P85+ is now sold and a new P85D is on the way.

image6.jpe

image7.jpe

image8.jpe

image9.jpe

image10.jpe

image11.jpe

image13.jpe

image5.jpe

image6%20(2).jpe

image7%20(2).jpe

drooling.... Awesome job moe. How far are you from san francisco, ca?

Thanks for checking it out.

We're about 400 miles south of San Francisco....a bit of a drive for you, but we've had clients come from further areas and they make it a mini-vacation trip down here in SoCal while we transform their cars ;) Funny enough, got a repeat client coming from East Coast and dropping off his Porsche Panamera with us for a week while he's here on business/pleasure trip.

that is an awesome ride! tastefully done!

Moe - i think my devil on my left shoulder won! he just beat the heck out of my angel on my right shoulder. actually, looking at this project sealed the deal. once i get my ride late November, I'm taking a road trip from SF to LA to your "asylum" and get her beauty on! :biggrin:

i do have a few questions. i'm sure it's better to call you in person but i have to relay the message to the wife and convince her why were driving down there after we waited for a while to get the car. anyway, here it goes:
1. how may days does it take for the whole process? (so i can prepare my doctor's note for my boss :tongue:)
2. what comes with the installation package? i dont know if you have packages to choose from.
3. what does claying mean? (pre-installation) do you do paint correction and touch up paint to all your projects?
4. i'll be driving my car from SF and i'm assuming there'll be lot of bugs on the road. anything I should do to prevent any acidic guts of bugs to gets stuck on the paint before the project begins?
5. from your posts, you nano coat the film after installation. do i have to wait a couple of days before I can drive it back to SF?

Basically, here's what I would like to be done: (let me know which one you don't cover)
-full wrap
-de-chrome parts to matte or gloss black (still cannot decide) (window sidings, fog light area, nose cone area, back chrome area by the trunk)
-door handle wrapped to match the paint (pearl white) + the chrome battery pack sticking out (under the door on the side)
-T sign painted white with black accent front and back (see pic1 below)
-Top of the nose cone - wrap with pearl white (see pic2 below)

Pic1
Tsign.jpg

Pic2
NoseconePartWhite.jpg

*pictures 'borrowed' from Logan from this forum.

i appreciate your time.

that is an awesome ride! tastefully done!

Moe - i think my devil on my left shoulder won! he just beat the heck out of my angel on my right shoulder. actually, looking at this project sealed the deal. once i get my ride late November, I'm taking a road trip from SF to LA to your "asylum" and get her beauty on! :biggrin:

i do have a few questions. i'm sure it's better to call you in person but i have to relay the message to the wife and convince her why were driving down there after we waited for a while to get the car. anyway, here it goes:
1. how may days does it take for the whole process? (so i can prepare my doctor's note for my boss :tongue:)
2. what comes with the installation package? i dont know if you have packages to choose from.
3. what does claying mean? (pre-installation) do you do paint correction and touch up paint to all your projects?
4. i'll be driving my car from SF and i'm assuming there'll be lot of bugs on the road. anything I should do to prevent any acidic guts of bugs to gets stuck on the paint before the project begins?
5. from your posts, you nano coat the film after installation. do i have to wait a couple of days before I can drive it back to SF?

Basically, here's what I would like to be done: (let me know which one you don't cover)
-full wrap
-de-chrome parts to matte or gloss black (still cannot decide) (window sidings, fog light area, nose cone area, back chrome area by the trunk)
-door handle wrapped to match the paint (pearl white) + the chrome battery pack sticking out (under the door on the side)
-T sign painted white with black accent front and back (see pic1 below)
-Top of the nose cone - wrap with pearl white (see pic2 below)

Pic1
View attachment 61824

Pic2
View attachment 61826

*pictures 'borrowed' from Logan from this forum.

i appreciate your time.

Got your PM...glad to hear we'll be working on your MS.

1. Based on what you're wanting, it will take us about 4-5 days

2. We have a Moderate Full Vehicle installation which doesn't require us to dis-assemble anything...for the more conservative crowd ;)
We have an Advanced Full Vehicle installation, which is what we did on Justin's P85+...for the more OCD crowd

Both are pretty much all-inclusive...Moderate includes a Phase 2 renewal service, clear bra (Suntek or XPEL), some things like the nose cone and side markers will be removed, full custom installation (no pre-cuts), then final protection will be CQuartz Finest Nano Coating

Advanced installation takes it up a few notches and includes phase 3 renewal service, paint correction, dis-assembly of front/rear bumpers, door handles, chrome window trim, side markers, etc. then final protection will be CQuartz Finest Nano Coating

3. Claying is using something like silly-putty and it basically deep cleans the paint. If you opt for the Moderate pkg, and need paint correction, it can be an add-on. If you do advanced install, it's included. Claying is included with both packages

4. We will send you some TracWrap to take care of the front end on your drive down here. It's basically disposable clear bra and saves you from what you mentioned

5. Once we apply the nano coating and cure it, you're ready to go home. Just don't wash it for about 5-7 days.

Your list of wishes is easily our command. I'll send you a PM and the next step would be to finalize the scope of work, send over an itemized invoice, collect deposit, then you're booked on our schedule.

Look forward to working with you and transforming your Model S to be YOUR unique Tesla :)

Right on Moe! I'm all giggling like a little girl here at work when I read your response. :tongue:

The ETA for my car is late November. When's a good time for me to call? Mid/early Nov to book?

Got your PM...glad to hear we'll be working on your MS.

1. Based on what you're wanting, it will take us about 4-5 days

2. We have a Moderate Full Vehicle installation which doesn't require us to dis-assemble anything...for the more conservative crowd ;)
We have an Advanced Full Vehicle installation, which is what we did on Justin's P85+...for the more OCD crowd

Both are pretty much all-inclusive...Moderate includes a Phase 2 renewal service, clear bra (Suntek or XPEL), some things like the nose cone and side markers will be removed, full custom installation (no pre-cuts), then final protection will be CQuartz Finest Nano Coating

Advanced installation takes it up a few notches and includes phase 3 renewal service, paint correction, dis-assembly of front/rear bumpers, door handles, chrome window trim, side markers, etc. then final protection will be CQuartz Finest Nano Coating

3. Claying is using something like silly-putty and it basically deep cleans the paint. If you opt for the Moderate pkg, and need paint correction, it can be an add-on. If you do advanced install, it's included. Claying is included with both packages

4. We will send you some TracWrap to take care of the front end on your drive down here. It's basically disposable clear bra and saves you from what you mentioned
I HEAR ANGELS SINGING!!!!

5. Once we apply the nano coating and cure it, you're ready to go home. Just don't wash it for about 5-7 days.

Your list of wishes is easily our command. I'll send you a PM and the next step would be to finalize the scope of work, send over an itemized invoice, collect deposit, then you're booked on our schedule.

Look forward to working with you and transforming your Model S to be YOUR unique Tesla :)

Is there really value in applying cquartz over xpel? I had xpel on most of my previous model S, but am considering going with cquartz for the next one, but not both.

They each do their own job and one isn't a substitute for the other. XPEL will take the rock chips, paint scuffs, shopping cart collisions, etc. To protect the protection ;)...you'll need a nano coating like CQuartz to keep the XPEL looking better, longer. The nano coating will add durability, make cleaning easier, and adds a nice gloss that will make the film look closer to the paint. Hope that makes sense. With a coating like Finest, you're good for about 12-36 months depending on care and use.

- - - Updated - - -

Right on Moe! I'm all giggling like a little girl here at work when I read your response. :tongue:

The ETA for my car is late November. When's a good time for me to call? Mid/early Nov to book?

That's wonderful to hear. Our schedule is quite demanding and we get booked weeks, sometimes months, in advance. With the current deliveries of Porsche GT3s in Nov/Dec/Jan, our schedule is getting filled. What most clients do is simply get on the schedule as soon as they know they want our services. We only do 1-2 full wraps per week, so this service, as it relates to you, has a little less flexibility than our other services. For example, this job posted in this thread was actually booked 6-8 weeks prior to delivery.

Please give me a call today and we'll go over the details and pin down a date.

Moe, What do you think of modesta coating? In regards to Justin's Grey on Grey tesla, did you paint the door handles or wrap them? Thanks.

Modesta coatings are great. We use BC-04 mostly and their primer. CQ Finest is still, by far margin, the most installed coating at our studio, and the best VALUE IMHO.

We wrapped Justin's door handles...this way, it can be undone if another owner decides they want it back to stock.

I believe in doing enhancements that can always be reversed for whatever reason if client chooses.

Great. With good care, how long(years?) would you expect CQ Finest to last? Is that trim on Justin's car a matte black? Do you have a prodcut number? Is it 3M? Lastly, what's the best MS color combo (exterior color and wheels) you have seen in person. Thanks.

Great. With good care, how long(years?) would you expect CQ Finest to last? Is that trim on Justin's car a matte black? Do you have a prodcut number? Is it 3M? Lastly, what's the best MS color combo (exterior color and wheels) you have seen in person. Thanks.

Finest should last about 2-3 years with proper washing and reloading on a daily driver. Yes...it's a matte black from 3M...I cannot remember which one exactly. I believe a satin black. Steel grey/matte black and black/carbon accents are two of my favorites that we've done