Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0 and Home charging location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed since upgrading to version 6 that the charging location in the map that corresponds to my house is off by a bit. Also if you click on it on the map it is giving a different address, a couple of houses away. Is it only happening to me or has anyone else noticed it? Is it a bug or a feature to preserve your address in case of someone stealing your car?

I have noticed since upgrading to version 6 that the charging location in the map that corresponds to my house is off by a bit. Also if you click on it on the map it is giving a different address, a couple of houses away. Is it only happening to me or has anyone else noticed it? Is it a bug or a feature to preserve your address in case of someone stealing your car?

Mine has never been 100% accurate and I just attributed it to GPS accuracy.

One thing that is actually better now is the fact that the car isn't storing numerous locations for my home. I used to have a half dozen or so "pins" on the map all around my address from charging at home. Now there is only one.

Mine shows 11 pins for charging locations around my house and the number is still climbing. After adding several very quickly after I erased the originals, I now seem to add a new pin about once a month or so. I even have 2 pins for the Service center after my early December service. The newer pins seem to be getting further away from my house too. My wife's Model S shows only one pin for the home.