Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC and J-1772 Near UVA in Charlottesville

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone visited the Destination Charger at 104 1st St N, Charlottesville, VA? I was thinking of driving through there on 13 Sept on the way to a National Drive Electric Event *National Drive Electric Week Event - Richmond).

Jim,

I've been to that spot twice, most recently last Saturday. I plugged in to the HPWC long enough to check that it was working and it was. I charged using the CHAdeMO next to it. The CHAdeMO was running slow (44 mi. / hr) on Saturday but it was a lot faster on the previous visit (133 mi. / hr.). Greenlots is aware of the issue and says they will send a technician out.

Be aware that there is only one spot reserved for EVs and two charging stations. There is also a one hour limit posted for EV charging. Do you have a CHAdeMO adapter?

Lanny

Jim,

I've been to that spot twice, most recently last Saturday. I plugged in to the HPWC long enough to check that it was working and it was. I charged using the CHAdeMO next to it. The CHAdeMO was running slow (44 mi. / hr) on Saturday but it was a lot faster on the previous visit (133 mi. / hr.). Greenlots is aware of the issue and says they will send a technician out.

Be aware that there is only one spot reserved for EVs and two charging stations. There is also a one hour limit posted for EV charging. Do you have a CHAdeMO adapter?

Lanny

Lanny, I was going to try the HPWC (I don't have a CHAdeMO adapter). I don't need to charge, but thought I would check out the location for future reference. Then head to the EV event and then stop by len Allen SC after that.

I stayed at Hyatt Place in Charlottesville last night - they have HPWC's 80AMP and 3 J1772's - did my first drive back on Skyline drive (Route 231 to Ragtop Mountain - then head towards Front Royal (northbound).
Hyatt Place Charlottesville VA.jpg