Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite electronic (for a 6 year old)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I thought I would share a quick story about my daughter attending her first TechSmartKids (introduction to coding) class. The instructors went around to all the kids asking for their favorite electronic device and you get the usual suspects -- leappad, ipad, kindle, etc... -- then it comes to my daughter and she proudly exclaims, "Tesla!". Of course the instructors bust up laughing but I found it quite interesting that my 6 year old daughter not only thinks of my car as an electronic (which it is) but her favorite electronic.

So proud! :)

So I thought I would share a quick story about my daughter attending her first TechSmartKids (introduction to coding) class. The instructors went around to all the kids asking for their favorite electronic device and you get the usual suspects -- leappad, ipad, kindle, etc... -- then it comes to my daughter and she proudly exclaims, "Tesla!". Of course the instructors bust up laughing but I found it quite interesting that my 6 year old daughter not only thinks of my car as an electronic (which it is) but her favorite electronic.

Kids really get this. I will often hear kids on the street shout out TESLA! when I drive through the neighborhood, and they seem genuinely excited. What I find particularly interesting about this is that up until the Tesla came out, a lot of kids today were really apathetic towards cars (any car) in general. Not like when I was a kid and no one could wait to get their license and a car. Maybe the paradigm shift that Tesla represents will change this for the young crowd.

Great story badgerlake! I love how kids just see EVs as the most natural thing in the world, perfectly normal for the digital and electronic world they have known as natural since being born. It's amazing to think that for my kids (4, 2 and 0 years) EVs will be the norm and ICEs the weird thing. My 4-year old is like this. The other day we had to wait for a long time in traffic for a really, really huge excavator to move out the way. My son said "What's wrong dad? Do you think he forgot to charge the battery?" So to my son it's not "did he run out of gas?" or "is something broken" but to him the most probable explanation is the the battery on the damned thing is drained! Tomorrow will be a better world...