Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blank screen when in reverse.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When split screen is in use and the camera is on the top while backing out of the garage the top is blank. I think it happens because the homelink drops down to give acces to shutting the garage door. If I flip the screen the camera activates on the bottom but the homelink disappears and I have to press the homelink to drop down in order to close the garage.
Is this a normal quirk in the system or should it be checked out? I have to remember to have the screen flipped when I park the night before but I keep forgetting as I prefer to drive with the camera on the top.

Thanks
Rich

• Disagree
Reactions: The Long C_0_N
When split screen is in use and the camera is on the top while backing out of the garage the top is blank. I think it happens because the homelink drops down to give acces to shutting the garage door. If I flip the screen the camera activates on the bottom but the homelink disappears and I have to press the homelink to drop down in order to close the garage.
Is this a normal quirk in the system or should it be checked out? I have to remember to have the screen flipped when I park the night before but I keep forgetting as I prefer to drive with the camera on the top.

Thanks
Rich

I didn't have it with 5.9 and it started showing up for me in 5.12. I download 6.0 last night but haven't had a chance to test it.

Really pissed me off though. I 'love-bumped' our other car in the driveway because of it and had to bust out the touch up paint.

Thanks
Rich

I'll have to check mine (doing an update right now), but in the past if the camera was in the top pane, it would slide that pane down when HomeLink popped up to keep this from happening.

I'll have to check mine (doing an update right now), but in the past if the camera was in the top pane, it would slide that pane down when HomeLink popped up to keep this from happening.

I was mistaken.. it does black out if the camera is already up. I just tap the screen to get rid of the HomeLink until I'm done backing out.

I almost always drive with the camera up (except when it's raining). Due to the fisheye lens, you get a great 160° panorama of the back of the car, including blind spots.

Yep.. same here. On 100% of the time in the top pane.

I didn't have it with 5.9 and it started showing up for me in 5.12. I download 6.0 last night but haven't had a chance to test it.

Really pissed me off though. I 'love-bumped' our other car in the driveway because of it and had to bust out the touch up paint.

I agree with you 100%. My car had no issue with backup camera when it was FW version 5.9 , it did started with 5.12FW version. I am on FW 6.0, it still blacks out the backup camera window. I did mentioned to the SC, was advised to tap on window or run camera window on bottom portion of the main screen.

I have the same thing. Homelink garage doors pop up when leaving the garage. But the garage door is already opened and when I go in reverse the rear camera does not come up unless I touch the blank screen (upper part for camera). I think the backup camera when in reverse should override the homelink display buttons. I'll have to try it but maybe if I have the camera set for the bottom part of the screen that it might come up when in reverse. I'll try that today. I still like the camera to be on the top portion of the screen so I don't need to look down so far when viewing the camera.

My car behaves the same. Like a few other members here, I drive with the backup cam on top. It is a bit annoying when backing into our garage and the screen goes blank due to the Homelink system. We have a Gate and a 2 Garage links, so the drop down covers quite a bit.

I have the same thing. Homelink garage doors pop up when leaving the garage. But the garage door is already opened and when I go in reverse the rear camera does not come up unless I touch the blank screen (upper part for camera). I think the backup camera when in reverse should override the homelink display buttons. I'll have to try it but maybe if I have the camera set for the bottom part of the screen that it might come up when in reverse. I'll try that today. I still like the camera to be on the top portion of the screen so I don't need to look down so far when viewing the camera.