Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AZ, Tucson, La Paloma Resort. There are two 30amp Tesla-branded chargers at this resort. The valet staff reports that they were installed by Tesla and the stalls have Tesla signage. On the forum, there are plenty of requests for information about charging locations at hotels, but I haven't found a "directory" of hotels with chargers.

Perhaps the mods could make this 'sticky' and the TMC community could contribute names of hotels with chargers, 220 outlets, number of stalls, amperage, etc. if such a directory exists on TMC, please direct me. Thanks.

AZ, Tucson, La Paloma Resort. There are two 30amp Tesla-branded chargers at this resort. The valet staff reports that they were installed by Tesla and the stalls have Tesla signage. On the forum, there are plenty of requests for information about charging locations at hotels, but I haven't found a "directory" of hotels with chargers.

Perhaps the mods could make this 'sticky' and the TMC community could contribute names of hotels with chargers, 220 outlets, number of stalls, amperage, etc. if such a directory exists on TMC, please direct me. Thanks.
When you go to plugshare in the Tesla browser you can filter results to just show hotels. Or from any browser go to tesla.plugshare.com to have Plugshare appear as it would in your car.

It would also be nice if the in-car navigation functionality that shows Tesla SC locations, would also show other Tesla charger locations (such as HPWC that they have supplied to businesses). Not every new Tesla owner knows how to use apps like PlugShare to find other charging locations for destination charging.

It would also be nice if the in-car navigation functionality that shows Tesla SC locations, would also show other Tesla charger locations (such as HPWC that they have supplied to businesses). Not every new Tesla owner knows how to use apps like PlugShare to find other charging locations for destination charging.

Then they need to learn. If an EV buyer has even a minimum of curiosity about the new technology and access to the internet, it doesn't take much searching to find that plugshare.com is the way to locate charging stations when traveling out of town.

I could see Tesla including plugshare.com as a pre-listed favorite in the web browser, as just about everyone enters that as a favorite when the get the car. It would be nice if the navigation system could navigate to destinations on that or other web sites, but we don't need to clutter Tesla software with it.

When you go to plugshare in the Tesla browser you can filter results to just show hotels. Or from any browser go to tesla.plugshare.com to have Plugshare appear as it would in your car.

Plugshare's iOS app has a near hotel filter also -- it shows up when tapping the search bar.

Mark -
we stayed at La Paloma last Nov. They had a NEMA 14-50 avail that they would set up on request for guests. Worked great... I know they had a lot of tesla owners staying there, so I can see why they took advantage of the HPWC offer, although too bad they are on 30A circuits (still good enough for overnight, especially considering that the Casa Grande supercharger is now open...

They have HPWC's on 30 A circuits? That does not seem right. If I remember correctly the lowest dip switch setting for the HPWC is 40A continuous (for use with a 50 A breaker). That would mean there is no way for the HPWC to limit the car to a 30 A draw.

GSP

They have HPWC's on 30 A circuits? That does not seem right. If I remember correctly the lowest dip switch setting for the HPWC is 40A continuous (for use with a 50 A breaker). That would mean there is no way for the HPWC to limit the car to a 30 A draw.

GSP

You can set the breaker DIP switches in the HPWC as low as 40 Amps, and that will allow the car to charge at 32 Amps. This is from the HPWC manual:

HPWC-DIPs.png

I'll be installing a NEMA 14-50 in the garage at my Disney (Kissimmee, FL) Vacation Rental Home next week when I'm there. I guess I'll put it up on Plugshare and set it as a hotel so that people could find it when looking for a place to stay near Disney that has charging available. I didn't realize, until now, that Plugshare let you filter like that. Thanks for sharing.