Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Should Offer 0% Financing for Super Charger Installations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla were to sell Super Chargers to business, including installation, with 0% financing, I think everybody could win. A condition of the financing is that the Super Charger is free to use. I picture it where business would have just one kiosk, maybe two, and could add more if they saw a return.

-Tesla could spend very little money to improve the SC network, mainly by making it denser.
-Businesses could attract new customers.
-Businesses would have skin in the game to prevent ICEing.

What do you guys think? How much would a single SC bay cost installed, assume Tesla sells it at wholesale cost?

If Tesla were to sell Super Chargers to business, including installation, with 0% financing, I think everybody could win. A condition of the financing is that the Super Charger is free to use. I picture it where business would have just one kiosk, maybe two, and could add more if they saw a return.

-Tesla could spend very little money to improve the SC network, mainly by making it denser.
-Businesses could attract new customers.
-Businesses would have skin in the game to prevent ICEing.

What do you guys think? How much would a single SC bay cost installed, assume Tesla sells it at wholesale cost?

It's hard enough to convince businesses to install a relatively inexpensive level 2 charging station, and some won't install a HPWC even when it's free. No way a business would pay for a supercharger and the electrical infrastructure required.

Going back to what "Evbwcaer" asked, how can we find out how much a Super Charger is to install with a breakdown of:
1) Tesla Provided Parts
2) Other Infrastructure Required
3) Ongoing cost to run a single Super Charger based on a 12 hour runtime window or something based on actual average usages