Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation on delivery dates for P85D's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been reports that there were over 1000 orders on the first 24 hours, and I suspect the numbers went considerably higher in the following week.

Tesla is still promising "December" delivery on their design tool, but as history shows, Tesla has a history of letting promised dates slide.

I wouldn't normally be so antsy about a quick delivery, but the warranty on my Porsche has just expired, and lots of 'little things' are starting to break -- I don't really want to keep this car much longer, for fear of something 'big' happening and will likely sell it / trade it in in the next few weeks -- so waiting a few months could be a problem for me at this point.

How confident is everyone that they are going to be seeing their P85D in December?

FWIW, I ordered immediately after the site went live after the announcement, and confirmed about 30 minutes after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Dashboard on the web site shows for me:

Estimated Delivery: We will contact you to schedule your exact delivery date and time.

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing -- I've seen other people say that the web site shows "December".