Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated Design Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/models/design
Now shows the D option.

I got a call from my DS today and he told me that my car, which has been in 'production queue' since end of august, will come with the 'improvements':

• Seat comfort improvements and taller headrests for whiplash protection
  • Autopilot
  • Improvements for a quieter cabin
  • Wider rear door opening
  • Electrically opening, self-closing charge port door on Dual Motor
  • Model S (delivered with Dual Motor Model S)
  • Increased visor size and larger vanity mirror
  • Parcel shelf and front trunk cargo net now standard
  • Air ionizer and carbon filter for cabin air purity
  • Updated steering column control module
  • Updates to Alcantara interior trim, such as wrapped roof bow and top pad

He asked me if i am interested in the D. I asked how much. He said he will email me. Then I asked, how long will the delay be?... then he laughed... and said 'should deliver in the summer next year, but more likely end of 2015'. We both laughed. He was obviously frustrated with the situation as well. I originally ordered the P85, so I will probably just stick to that.

I would be more upset if I ordered the P85+, but right now, I am glad my car should come with all the new improvements.

Nice going.
looks like US Tesla read my email when telling them the back door room is too small and the seats too thin and not like my home sofa.
I can see there will be loads of unhappy customers if they carry on doing these upgrades all the time.
They should do what other car maker do which is upgrade when face lift comes out every 3 years and 6 year new design car.
This is not fare to people that got the cars this year.

December... but as always, I take anything they say with a huge grain of salt.

a huge grain of salt.jpg

This should do ...