Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any "D" orders been assigned a VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my P85 earlier in the year I was assigned a VIN and knew my rough delivery date within 48 hours. Almost a week later since the P85D order, no VIN, no delivery date other then "December".

Any "D" order owners been assigned VIN or delivery dates yet?

Did you "confirm" the order?

We are in the first wave of S85's for February, and no VIN, but I do not really expect one until late January, given the production delay.

I think it is just a case of Tesla being, once again, overwhelmed. From what I have heard from various sources, demand for the "D", especially P85D, is huge. One guy in the ordering pipeline I talked to said on the weekend that it had been a "very intense" 48 hours!

One guy in the ordering pipeline I talked to said on the weekend that it had been a "very intense" 48 hours!

it makes you wonder why Wall St is so down on Tesla/Musk for the announcement last week.

fact is the Model X is delayed. so instead of just resting on its laurels, Musk decided to only produce the best performing car in the world, resulting in significant buzz and demand.

Yes, confirmed the order 10/10, same day we placed the order.

I did hear from our sales person that Tesla received over 1000 orders for the P85D that day, so you may be correct. "Overwhelmed" might be the word.

I only imagined as much, which is why I've been backing up the truck and loading up on TSLA shares and options during this selloff. Wall street and automotive pundits have so misguaged this launch it's not even funny. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Pretty sure if you look at the "what to expect" part of the Tesla web site, it will tell you VINs get assigned about 5 weeks prior to construction. We are roughly 6 weeks from December 1st, so (at least) 1 week until the first VINs assigned.

That assumes they actually start production of customer cars on Dec 1.