Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alpine IVA-NAV-10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know people hate the unit but I don't want to tear the car apart to replace it yet........ but, good point.
Next question:
Where did you get the update???

This was maybe two years ago but I bought a map update SD card from their website and installed it. Do a search on TMC for map update Alpine and it should show up.

I just updated wirelessly.

I did it by going into the radio's setup and playing with buttons. Took about 10 minutes to download due to poor reception.

I believe most of the bad things about this radio are really the fault of a crappy antenna system.

Best,

T

I just updated wirelessly.

I did it by going into the radio's setup and playing with buttons. Took about 10 minutes to download due to poor reception.

I believe most of the bad things about this radio are really the fault of a crappy antenna system.

Best,

T

What station do you tune to? They charged $100 for the map update before.

It's really not worth paying for the map update. That $100 could go a decent way towards replacing the unit entirely. Also if you plug your phone into the USB Google Maps audio can go through speakers.

So I looked through the menu and saw the update maps option but it was greyed out. I do have Sirius.

Any further thoughts TOBASH as to how you got it remotely? It seems per Alpine website you have to buy and use the card.

I will play with the buttons again to see if I can get into that screen again.

The car is parked at my other place, so this won't be done until the weekend. (Sorry)

Best,

T

Funny but I finally figured out where the CDs go in the unit

I figured out where to put a SD card, although I had to use my Leatherman Tool to get the rubber door open. I haven't figured out how to actually play music (or anything else) from the card, though. Surely they put that card slot in the unit for some purpose?

I also haven't gotten it to work with my iPod Classic. The closest I came to success was when the ALPINE logo appeared for a couple of seconds on the iPod's screen... Aside from that, nothing. This would be the most convenient thing for me if I could get it working.

I figured out where to put a SD card, although I had to use my Leatherman Tool to get the rubber door open. I haven't figured out how to actually play music (or anything else) from the card, though. Surely they put that card slot in the unit for some purpose?

I also haven't gotten it to work with my iPod Classic. The closest I came to success was when the ALPINE logo appeared for a couple of seconds on the iPod's screen... Aside from that, nothing. This would be the most convenient thing for me if I could get it working.

The SD card slot is there to update maps.

We were able to connect my son's iPod to the Alpine via the connector by the handbrake (until I changed out the cable for a mini-usb so I could connect my Galaxy s5). You have to select the Aux source, iirc.