Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Signature Reds" ordering D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not pulled the trigger yet since I don't need to have a P85D by December in Chicago. I will buy one, but intend on keeping my Signature some way by giving it to my wife and trading (or selling) her Model S. I have another Model S that is a company vehicle that I could also dump and swap with the Signature. I have not figured out the best "scheme" yet, but I will get it done! :wink:

Curious how many Signature owners are ordering / will order a D?

Given that you have to give up the "one of a kind" color?

Wonder if Tesla is going to produce a Signature Red D?

I have a call into my sales rep.

I have my order in and will really miss my Sig with the white interior.
Someone floated an idea about letting original Sig owners order the color again, I would do that in a heartbeat.
The problem would be dilution of the total number of Sigs out there.

I will be ordering a P85D when it can be ordered with a light colored interior. Also am seriously considering repainting to "Signature red" if no additional colors become available. Current Sig red P85 with 44,000 miles on it would move to our home in Albuquerque.

I have my order in and will really miss my Sig with the white interior.
Someone floated an idea about letting original Sig owners order the color again, I would do that in a heartbeat.
The problem would be dilution of the total number of Sigs out there.

I would think something where original Signature customers could order the Sig Red color only on the P85D would work out well for Tesla and the consumer. The new car would not have any Signature badging though. It would 'dilute' the color I guess though.

I would think something where original Signature customers could order the Sig Red color only on the P85D would work out well for Tesla and the consumer. The new car would not have any Signature badging though. It would 'dilute' the color I guess though.

I've contemplated selling our sig Red IF a collector was offering a premium for it.
Ottherwise we will sell our 60 for either an X or a SD next year.

Awesome idea! Would be so cool if Tesla allowed the original Signature and Roadster owners purchasing a P85D to choose their paint color - either sig red or one of the roadster colors. Lighting Green P85D anyone?

The original owners deserve a thank you like this, IMHO.

Can't justify selling my low mileage all white Sig P85 quite yet, although having AWD would mean I could sell my old Audi. Also, I'm really not a fan of black interiors, particularly when the seats are not ventilated. Maybe the 100 kW battery pack will push me over the edge when it arrives...

I ordered an S85D. I don't plan to give up my Sig Red S, though it will be a tougher call to keep it when the X is delivered. The Audi RDX has to go! :biggrin:

Along with some others I join in wishing that Tesla would make Sig Red available, for new car purchases, to those of us who supported the company early on with our Sig Red S purchases (not to mention, in many cases, our Roadster purchases). As another Sig Red owner pointed out, Tesla still has the color in its paint rotation for Signature cars going to other markets, so it's not a big problem for the factory. I'm sure it won't happen, and I'm also sure that other Sig Red owners would pitch a fit if the exclusivity of the color were diluted. And I wouldn't blame them: it's just that I love the color and don't want to give it up when I upgrade technology through future purchases.

Ya had to bring it up. This is a tough one for me, I love the color, it was the exact color of my first first new car, I get so many comments on it. I can see Elon not even listening to the suggestion, they just can't do it. If I am selling this early collector well then that is the value and you can't damage that. I wonder if I can afford to put it in storage. I understand there is a guy with a black version of most Corvette years. I can't afford to keep all the Model S's I want. But if I could.

I will do it, its just a question of when. That low trade in, ouch! Those new features, yeah! Wanted: good home for a ...

I ordered an S85D. I don't plan to give up my Sig Red S, though it will be a tougher call to keep it when the X is delivered. The Audi RDX has to go! :biggrin:

Along with some others I join in wishing that Tesla would make Sig Red available, for new car purchases, to those of us who supported the company early on with our Sig Red S purchases (not to mention, in many cases, our Roadster purchases). As another Sig Red owner pointed out, Tesla still has the color in its paint rotation for Signature cars going to other markets, so it's not a big problem for the factory. I'm sure it won't happen, and I'm also sure that other Sig Red owners would pitch a fit if the exclusivity of the color were diluted. And I wouldn't blame them: it's just that I love the color and don't want to give it up when I upgrade technology through future purchases.
Congratulations! Color me jealous. Although letting Sig owners order a new car in red might "dilute" the cars, it wouldn't dilute the Signature status. I wonder if Tesla plans to offer Signature versions after the X? Another option would be a different special color for each new model just for Founders and Sig owners. There are a few beautiful custom blue S's out there...just saying.

Last edited: