Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 85D? Some questions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know about seats in new Tesla S 85D? Is same seats(as in Model S 85)? I would like to have littlebit more like recaro style.

And how will android mobilphone work up against Tesla Model S 85D car?
And how is google maps against android(have used one time a google map in a audi, and I like it very good, and hope this is same in Tesla)?

Last edited:
As far as I've read, the new seats are tied to the P85D, not the S85D. Eventually they will be in all, but it won't be for at least six months after the first ones are delivered, and I'd suggest more like a year. I believe the idea is to give some exclusivity to those who forked over a bundle.

TM is introducing new performance (reportedly Recaro) seats for P85D.

That said, this was posted in the TM blog, http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/dual-motor-model-s-and-autopilot :

Other Product Updates

Our commitment to continuous improvement extends to other features of Model S, and we have recently made several updates to the car. The following features are either in production or will be delivered with Dual Motor Model S (as indicated).

• Seat comfort improvements and taller headrests for whiplash protection
  • Improvements for a quieter cabin
  • Wider rear door opening
  • Electrically opening, self-closing charge port door on Dual Motor Model S (delivered with Dual Motor Model S)
  • Increased visor size and larger vanity mirror
  • Parcel shelf and front trunk cargo net now standard
  • Air ionizer and carbon filter for cabin air purity
  • Updated steering column control module
  • Updates to Alcantara interior trim, such as wrapped roof bow and top pad

The way that this is worded leads me to believe that all Model S cars are getting "seat comfort improvements", but a new brand of performance seat will be in P85D. I hope that's the case as I ordered S85D!

The way that this is worded leads me to believe that all Model S cars are getting "seat comfort improvements", but a new brand of performance seat will be in P85D. I hope that's the case as I ordered S85D!

My impression is that seat comfort had been improved sometime this year with no announcement or otherwise visible changes. And like you said that the P85D would have entirely new seats that look different.