Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S60/65 w/ 380HP RWD motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So do existing Model S60/85 on the road now have this 380HP motor? Or are our motors still 316HP? I am having a hard time understanding the update to the website and what lots of people are calling "marketing updates", but is there a different motor in 10/2014 builds than in the 6/2014 builds?

So do existing Model S60/85 on the road now have this 380HP motor? Or are our motors still 316HP? I am having a hard time understanding the update to the website and what lots of people are calling "marketing updates", but is there a different motor in 10/2014 builds than in the 6/2014 builds?

The motor has not been the limiting factory, at least on earlier cars. The 60 and 85 both had the same motor, but different HP specs, because of the amount of current that could be safely drawn from the batteries. Now they both have the same spec. I find that suspicious, as if they are now quoting the theoretical power output of the motor, assuming no limit in current from the battery. But I don't think anyone knows for sure. We'll have to wait and see when these new models hit the road.