Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Seabrook/Kiawah (Charleston, SC)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JST

May 23, 2013
Are there any L2 charging options on Seabrook or Kiawah, other than private homes? I don't see anything on Plugshare.

Seems like it would be a great place for destination charging, either on Kiawah or perhaps at the shops/hotel and/or marina that sit between the two gated communities.

Any updates here? We're driving down there in a few months and would love an alternative to my in-laws wall outlet. I know there is a destination charger at The Sanctuary in Kiawah, but the word on Plugshare is that you have to pay $22 to park in the location where you can use it. Plugshare doesn't show anything else until you get closer to Charleston.

I'm the one who left the note on Plugshare last November about the Sanctuary policy of charging $22 to plug in, regardless of whether you stay there or just dine/drink there.

When I saw this thread I decided to revisit them today and see what current policy is. A valet told me that I can charge for free if I am a guest or if I eat or drink there. He did caution me that it is only a 40 amp HPWC so it may take a while to get a decent charge.

@widipe, I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. If I can grab a drink and plug in for free, that would be great. I'll find out in a few months when I get down there.

I'm the one who left the note on Plugshare last November about the Sanctuary policy of charging $22 to plug in, regardless of whether you stay there or just dine/drink there.

When I saw this thread I decided to revisit them today and see what current policy is. A valet told me that I can charge for free if I am a guest or if I eat or drink there. He did caution me that it is only a 40 amp HPWC so it may take a while to get a decent charge.

@widipe, I hope this helps.