Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gray Leather with black alcantara

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I've been a lurker here for the past year (when I reserved a Model X). Last week, I bit the bullet and ordered a S85D.

My original plan was to go for a black leather, carbon accents and regular headliner... But using the new design studio, I find the black alcantara headliner VERY nice with the gray leather and matte wood.

Has anyone here would happen to have a picture of a real car with this combination ? Or maybe you've seen it in person? I dropped by the local service center this morning and the guys told me they only saw 1 black alcantara S since they came out but since there are not a lot of Model S here (Quebec, Canada), I'm pretty sure I'll have better chances here.

Thanks!

This won't help you a ton but I've posted the photo of my grey leather interior to demonstrate why I'd recommend anyone ordering now get the black headliner. I don't think the tan cloth goes that well with the interior. The B pillar is particularly odd looking to me. Not sure how I feel about a suede look for the headliner. Wish they'd have a black cloth headliner option.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60412&d=1412130406.jpg

I'm sure I wont get it since i placed my order last month. i don't mind though. if they announced that there's going to be an option to choose red seats like below, then that's a different story. I might need to pull some strings and talk to Uncle Musk. :wink:

View attachment 61478

That is nice. I have white exterior with grey leather interior, and would want a change. Hoping another color comes along in textile for seats, and ceiling to match in color and material (although maybe not red). :wink:

I'm trying really hard to resist the urge to get a retrofit to that headliner. For what it's worth there's another owner that is having it done. So I know it can be done.

Really? Wow. So much work. Headliner, pillars, speaker covers (although may be in A-pillar cover), grill in roof, seatbelt hardware, visors (and hardware), dome lights.

Sounds like it would be a fortune.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, it looks amazing. Thanks for the picture. I'm glad I ordered with this exact combination!

Thanks again!

Agree! Would like to see it with tan leather.

Really? Wow. So much work. Headliner, pillars, speaker covers (although may be in A-pillar cover), grill in roof, seatbelt hardware, visors (and hardware), dome lights.

Sounds like it would be a fortune.

It's actually not that bad based on what the other owner told me. I'm going to be at the service center on Monday so I'll ask about the cost. If I get my own answer I'll post here.

It's actually not that bad based on what the other owner told me. I'm going to be at the service center on Monday so I'll ask about the cost. If I get my own answer I'll post here.

Was told about $3k. Part of the reason the cost is so high is that they have to remove the windshield and they usually end up replacing it. Apparently having the sub zero package increases the cost of the windshield replacement, she said in my case since I don't have that the windshield would be about $500. The headliner itself is only $800 - $1k. She said she'd work up an exact quote for me. Not sure I'm going to do it but was curious what it would cost.

I too love the grey leather with black headliner interior....I think it looks AMAZING. Now just waiting for that to be an option on the P85D with next gen seats, so I can have another reason to finally pull the trigger.

You're soon going to be able to order the P85D with black seats and either tan/grey leather accents. Basically the picture above but with black seats.

hd172, looks gorgeous! What color is your exterior?

I currently have a P85D order confirmed for February and considering asking to change my black interior/black headliner to grey interior/black headliner. My exterior is black with grey wheels.