Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about power steering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery on 5/31 and it's been a terrific 8000 miles.

As with many garages, my MS fits snugly into the one-car garage. When I back out, I have to make some sharp turns to get it out of the driveway. I noticed that if I back out really slowly and turn the wheel hard in one direction, I hear small popping noises not only in reverse, but also going forward. When I don't turn it as hard or go a little faster I don't hear the pops. There's no issue with driving dynamics or turning radius or anything. Anyone hear of this issue before?

Took delivery on 5/31 and it's been a terrific 8000 miles.

As with many garages, my MS fits snugly into the one-car garage. When I back out, I have to make some sharp turns to get it out of the driveway. I noticed that if I back out really slowly and turn the wheel hard in one direction, I hear small popping noises not only in reverse, but also going forward. When I don't turn it as hard or go a little faster I don't hear the pops. There's no issue with driving dynamics or turning radius or anything. Anyone hear of this issue before?
There were/are reports of "clicking" when turning the steering wheel for some folks that the service center should be able to fix.