Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to disable the seat belt warning chimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not always do passengers sitting in the rear seats need to buckle up. But chimes just don't stop and can really be an annoyance to everyone. Any one figured out how to disable that? Thanks.

Huh? According to HK law:
"You must make sure that all your front seat passengers and for private cars, rear seat passengers as well, wear seat belts, if fitted."
(Source:
http://www.td.gov.hk/en/road_safety/road_users_code/index/chapter_5_for_all_drivers/seat_belts_/index.html)

Put a shopping bag on the rear seat and the chimes go off and STAY ON. A belt reminder is nice; continous sound intrusion is paternalistic.

We're lucky Tesla is not showing all the disclaimers (pregnancy and driving can be a dangerous combination, using navigation can be dangerous, don't smoke in general and during driving in particular, looking left and turning right can be dangerous, please enter or scan your driving licence number etc) before each drive.

Ok thanks guys for your emotional input lol

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, very, very, very annoying! I asked my local SC last year if I could at least disable it, but that was not possible.

Yea. Some of the indoor car parks in HK are very narrow with lots of cars and obstacles so sometimes you need to look out from the window and constantly check the space. Often it is difficult to find a space right away so you need to keep cruising inside the car park at low speed for awhile until somebody leaves. And the continuous chimes are indeed very annoying. Unlike some other vehicles, such issues do not exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea. Some of the indoor car parks in HK are very narrow with lots of cars and obstacles so sometimes you need to look out from the window and constantly check the space. Often it is difficult to find a space right away so you need to keep cruising inside the car park at low speed for awhile until somebody leaves. And the continuous chimes are indeed very annoying. Unlike some other vehicles, such issues do not exist.

I found that in 6.0, it doesn't seem to come on for the back seat belts missing. Before 6.0, it took me a while to convince my mum in law to wait to unfasten until we have come to a complete stop. Mainly because the concerto of collision sensors, seat belt warning and other chimes made it hard to focus on what is a real warning and what can be ignored.

I think it's fine it reminds about the seat belt once when you start your trip, and once every time (if) a seat belt buckle is unfastened. Repeated annoyances from the chimes are pointless, though. I put a bag on the back seat and couldn't reach it while on the expressway - I just need one reminder that the bag isn't wearing it's belt.

+1 I'm surprised at the responses in this thread. I more recently concluded the V7 seat belt chimes are too much, and won't get into the limited times / distances I choose to tempt Darwin. I suggest some of the others might consider 5-point harnesses, helmets and Hans devices. As it is, the high B-pillar mount point has me buckling together the lap and shoulder belt, to keep the edge out of my neck. Putting that arrangement on is both safer, and a pain.