Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla Business Lease include GAP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know for Tesla, but I can tell you that none of my previous MB / Audi / BMW had offered anything along those lines. I got gap insurance through my personal car insurance. Importantly, you can only order that first time when you insure it (at least that is what my insurance agent told me). Worth your peace of mind (few dollars more per month) - seeing the appraisals on Tesla's this is going to be a must.

I have a lease on my Volt through US Bank and GAP is included in the lease agreement. Toyota charges extra for it if needed.

Don't know for Tesla, but I can tell you that none of my previous MB / Audi / BMW had offered anything along those lines. I got gap insurance through my personal car insurance. Importantly, you can only order that first time when you insure it (at least that is what my insurance agent told me). Worth your peace of mind (few dollars more per month) - seeing the appraisals on Tesla's this is going to be a must.

I vaguely recall that different states had different rules for this. Some states I think have to include it in the lease. Some require it to be included (or at least) offered by your car insurer. So there may not be a single answer to this.

It may be a state thing but every BMW, Infiniti, Cadillac & Audi I have ever leased included Gap.

I did call and confirm with Tesla and their business lease does indeed include gap coverage.