Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the X be faster than the S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think not - heavier car and bigger CD as mitch points out will slow the car. The one option that I see leading to a (very temporarily) faster Model X is a bigger battery that can discharge electricity more faster. That still might not do the trick.

Realize that we're talking about most of a 6,000 lb vehicle doing 0-60 in ~3.5 seconds I'd guess. I'm ok with being 10% slower :)

Bonnie... wings, really now, please get some rest. thanks :)

You've missed the falcon wing discussions? Really?

Interesting evening, though. I did have a raptor (Red Tailed hawk) injured on my property & had to summon up the nerve to approach it and wrap it in a blanket, all the while it was puffing up and stretching out its wings to intimidate me, sitting on top of my woodpile. And the talons! OMG. Once the blanket was on it, it became pretty docile, happy to go into the large cardboard box I had ready for it - and then the local raptor rescue picked it up.

See, it's not all about the forum. tg.

At the risk of derailing a perfectly sane conversation (sorry, I'm tired), I'd like to point out that the X also has wings, which the S does not. And those wings are capable of turbo boost and sustained glide.

So basically, the point here is that everyone should wait until the Draco engine package becomes available. 0-60 in 0.01 seconds.

Interesting evening, though. I did have a raptor (Red Tailed hawk) injured on my property & had to summon up the nerve to approach it and wrap it in a blanket, all the while it was puffing up and stretching out its wings to intimidate me, sitting on top of my woodpile. And the talons! OMG. Once the blanket was on it, it became pretty docile, happy to go into the large cardboard box I had ready for it - and then the local raptor rescue picked it up.

Don't tell El Supreme. He hates raptors.

Don't tell El Supreme. He hates raptors.

It's terrifying!

At the risk of derailing a perfectly sane conversation (sorry, I'm tired), I'd like to point out that the X also has wings, which the S does not. And those wings are capable of turbo boost and sustained glide.

I found the prototype :)

x-wing.png